Cab living?

Don’t see why you couldn’t unless you were asking to do it on paid time lol

dar1976:
Don’t see why you couldn’t unless you were asking to do it on paid time lol

Offered to do it free, in my time, hate dirty trucks.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

kindle530:
After doing Rock’n’Roll trucking for a year or 3, usually away around 2.5 months a time, although 6 months 2 weeks was my record, this did me well…

loads and loads of storage space, you dont actually need a flat floor if the rest of the cab is big. one of, if not the best bunk on the market, very very comfy and very wide. Built in fridge, 20" telly fixed on inside of cab above passenger door, PS3 in one of the lockers. Havent had a 105 so dont know if theyre better or worse.

And you slept in the cab every night for those 6 months and 2 weeks? :unamused:

kindle530:
After doing Rock’n’Roll trucking for a year or 3, usually away around 2.5 months a time, although 6 months 2 weeks was my record, this did me well…

I know you rock n roll boys like your beer, but Jesus Christ, that’s one hell of a ■■■■ you’ve had there! :stuck_out_tongue:

That old XF bed made me…Dose Away Forever. :slight_smile:

I like having a fitted fridge, you can carry fresh food and drinks. I had a fridge freezer in my last Volvo, which was great for ice lollies in the summer :smiley: . As long as I can stand up straight to get dressed, then I can bare with most other things.

Here’s my aforementioned hot water sink:

It drains via a waste pipe round the front wheel arch so the pipe won’t be affected if the cab is tilted and obviously so it doesn’t drain all over your feet when you’re using it.

To save wiring round the front of the cab it wires by shortest route to the battery by Anderson connector which is angled to just pull apart without damage if the cab is tilted without disconnecting.

This is how it’s mounted in the deflector (bottom)

and top

This is it stowed, it doesn’t obstruct catwalk access at all and the weight of it filled with water is easily supported by the deflector. It doesn’t flatten the battery as only heats when the engine is running.

Personally I like a steering wheel and stereo… :smiley:

Own Account Driver:
Here’s my aforementioned hot water sink:

It drains via a waste pipe round the front wheel arch so the pipe won’t be affected if the cab is tilted and obviously so it doesn’t drain all over your feet when you’re using it.

To save wiring round the front of the cab it wires by shortest route to the battery by Anderson connector which is angled to just pull apart without damage if the cab is tilted without disconnecting.

This is how it’s mounted in the deflector (bottom)

and top

This is it stowed, it doesn’t obstruct catwalk access at all and the weight of it filled with water is easily supported by the deflector. It doesn’t flatten the battery as only heats when the engine is running.

That is brilliant! Thanks for posting the pictures as well.

Suedehead:

kindle530:

loads and loads of storage space, you dont actually need a flat floor if the rest of the cab is big. one of, if not the best bunk on the market, very very comfy and very wide. Built in fridge, 20" telly fixed on inside of cab above passenger door, PS3 in one of the lockers. Havent had a 105 so dont know if theyre better or worse.

And you slept in the cab every night for those 6 months and 2 weeks? :unamused:

yes i did, apart from 1 night at my mates house in London when i was in Twickenham.

DaiDap:

kindle530:

I know you rock n roll boys like your beer, but Jesus Christ, that’s one hell of a ■■■■ you’ve had there! :stuck_out_tongue:

thats a Leci trailer, from Spain, they come with a fitted water carrier bolted on the chassis, id just done a bit of polishing and had washed my hands mate!

Gotta agree about the hot hand wash, thats brilliant!.

Own Account Driver:
I like the pull (up and) out table, using it now.

I also put one of those fold down hot water sinks they have in AA vans on the back of the cab and couldn’t do without it now.

What happens in the winter with the water inside the hot water sinks don’t it freeze in the night and damage the pipes inside the machine.

fingermissing:

Own Account Driver:
I like the pull (up and) out table, using it now.

I also put one of those fold down hot water sinks they have in AA vans on the back of the cab and couldn’t do without it now.

What happens in the winter with the water inside the hot water sinks don’t it freeze in the night and damage the pipes inside the machine.

No, doesn’t seem to.

It’s insulated anyway to keep it warm and bear in mind the water’s steaming hot when you park up.

I would probably drain it if it was getting down to double digit minus. I was worried it might freeze when I got it and if it did I was thinking of trying to devise something clever with the night heater exhaust to keep it warm.

Something I can’t complain about !
I actually have to walk from the drivers seat to the bunk which is 3’6" wide, the roof is 7’6" above the floor, I have 3 storage cupboards on the right side behind the passenger seat with a TV cabinet built in, onthe left behind the drivers seat there is a large wardrobe with a smaller clothing closet below for folded clothes such as underwear etc, both cabinets on the left are heated in winter, I have a quite large fridge next to those, the sleeper has separtate heating and cooling if I close the dividing curtain.
I spend at least monday to friday in my truck so I need the space.
But … Not next week because I am taking it off and mostly laying by my swimming pool out on the back deck :sunglasses:

Does that mean no ‘Friday Rant’ Pat?

Used to go away in a globetrotter XL for upto 3 months at a time the walk through was a bonus and had great storage spaces, cant wait to get my hands on the fieghtliner cascadia (same as what pat drives)

freightlinertrucks.com/Truck … le-Comfort

newmercman:
This, it’s a little bit bigger than a Premium :laughing:

Put your foot down and you be able to keep up with wire lol