Bus lane glares

scottishcruiser:
Weird this post came up as it was only yesterday I was driving in Ayr (In teh car) and in the bus lane (Mon-Sat 6am-8.30am) when the GF said id better not drive in the bus lane incase I got a fine, I asked her why, she said cause your in bus lane so I made her look at teh sign and read me it out, suffice to say she shut up after that.

I don’t believe a word of it, no way did she shut up, that’s a physical/biological impossibility. It’s why women do little quiet ■■■■■, their mouth never stays shut long enough for them to build up enough pressure for a decent ■■■■ :open_mouth: :laughing:

In Exeter in addition to bus lanes we have Priority or Pollution Lanes designed to get the biggest polluters out of the city quicker. The sign shows Buses,LGV over 7.5 tons, permit holders ( taxis who pay) and cycles. Lgv’s are not to use Bus Lanes but can use Priority Lanes where stated. Many LGV drivers are not aware of this and try to drive in a 2.3 metre wide car lane. Even more car drivers havent got a clue. A mate of mind who is another ADI but doesnt use an L pod on top of his car got pulled by the old bill and asked what he was doing taking a learner into that lane. So he played along with the copper and said lets go back and look at the sign and maybe you can explain it to me. The lane only operated from 7.30 am to 9.15 am. He then advised the coppers that they need CPD or to read an upto date highway code.

in Newcastle we have "NO-Car " lanes & yes the buses hate it

this is quite well know in Newcastle test centre that an examiner from out of area came over to cover ( not unusual ) took someone out on test part of which cover "No -Car " lane the driver used these as we are taught by instructors on return he failed said candidate for using these but when pointed out that he could by another examiner & instructor this was in fact overturned examiners reply " we dont have these "

he know now so not only drivin instructors

MrPanther:
Anyone else get glared at by people (usually car drivers but not strictly limited to them…) when you’re driving in a bus lane outside its hours of operation? Whether I’m driving my lorry or my car, if it’s a timed bus lane and it’s outside those times, I drive in the bus lane but usually, apart from me, other lorries, buses and taxis and so on, no-one else is in there and is driving outside it. Any eye contact I make with these non-buslaners is usually hard stares as if I’m committing the ultimate sin or something. :neutral_face:

Don’t people read signs?!

It’s the same with these timed 2+ lanes; I always drive in the one in Leeds when it’s not in operation but the amount of other vehicles that don’t, even though they can, beggars belief. :neutral_face:

^^^ Is that really so difficult to understand? Okay, I accept that out of their hours, a lot of bus lanes become parking zones, but still…

A shout of “either you cant read . . or tell the time . . which one is it ■■■■■ usually has the desired effect :sunglasses:

MrPanther:

^^^ Is that really so difficult to understand?

Of course it aint - even I can tell that the bus lane is in force from ten past seven in the morning to seven minutes past four in the afternoon…

same in exeter where it’s bus,taxis and hgv lane always get some idiot blocking me thinking it’s just bus lane !!!