Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

JAKEY:

Hi Steve ,nice neat packing mate trucks looking great ,hi mark we’re them people from Australia :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: looks a tidy job you got there at least weather was ok

Thank you Dean ,i can now straighten my neck , Mark on the door step mate ,lovely bet the mums with prams loved you that day too ? ! :smiley:

Dean love the Picfords note.

How you doing John ?

JAKEY:
Thank you Dean ,i can now straighten my neck , Mark on the door step mate ,lovely bet the mums with prams loved you that day too ? ! :smiley:

How you doing John ?

Hi Steve,very good now that things are back to normal ,all family matters sorted taken a while but we got there,away Wednesday night down callington night out started Bridgwater,Exeter,Torquay,ashburton,Thursday gunnislake,Exeter,avonmouth then home ,you got much on :smiley:

Hello John , that is a nice run you got there mate ,lots of nice removal fleets down the south west , we bit slack this coming week :open_mouth: Robinsons were struggling last week and they not asked for any help this week ,enquiries was down for me this week too .

JAKEY:
Hello John , that is a nice run you got there mate ,lots of nice removal fleets down the south west , we bit slack this coming week :open_mouth: Robinsons were struggling last week and they not asked for any help this week ,enquiries was down for me this week too .

Not good by the sound of it most probably cause we left the eu Friday it will pick up,I don’t see many Robinson’s out on the road when I’m driving are they all over the uk depots ,I like the ramp systems you and mark use never had them in my days ,would have been useful with big steps going to houses :laughing:

Hello John ,Robinsons are in Manchester ,Basingstoke, Redditch , were in London but not now .

Ramps from the side are popular around here as many properties are elevated. I helped my neighbour move just before Christmas and took five van loads of boxes to his ‘new’ abode which was less than a mile away and it is a four story house with around a dozen steps up from the footpath! My legs couldn’t cope with those so I let the youngsters cart the boxes into the house, but a ramp would have been a Godsend! The main move was done with a removal companies Transit luton, there are not many large vans locally as access is difficult to many buildings, but of course they charged by the hour and my contribution meant they only had two journeys so saved my neighbour some cash and they also got finished early. I don’t think they minded as they were running late and didn’t arrive until late afternoon anyway.

Pete.

Windrush , leave it to the young ones mate , you done your bit :smiley: , i never do a job on a hourly rate ,it never seems to work for me .

smallcoal:

JAKEY:

Hi Steve ,nice neat packing mate trucks looking great ,hi mark we’re them people from Australia :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: looks a tidy job you got there at least weather was ok

Lol…good one John…bloody phone it does that every now and then…just cant work it out mate :smiley:

JAKEY:

How you doing John ?

Steve just hope for the best…normally dont get bothered…as you get older always looking to make things as easy as possible …especialy when its raining :smiley:

marktaff:
Lovely article Dean…that would have been one of the first batch of KMs for Pickfords…thanks for posting.r

Mark, They must have operated one of the largest fleets of Bedford’s in the UK back in the 70’s’.

Cant remember seeing that many KM’s did they operate many ? It was always the TK and then TL.

Something a bit different.Removals in South Africa. 1963.

Click on pages twice.

Hi lads truck spotting on way to Cornwall :smiley:

Hello John , both smart looking fleets there mate , how has your week been John ? how about your Mark ?

JAKEY:
Hello John , both smart looking fleets there mate , how has your week been John ? how about your Mark ?

Hello lads,
John two nice pics there mate…Amishaws do a lot of Forces work with those wagon and drags nice looking trucks to…well kept…MJ Christopher also nice fleet and well kept.

Steve not as good looking as your livery though mate :smiley:
Finished that job off this week from Newport to Telford Monday…Tuesday …Wednesday …a lot of packing and dismantling and reassembling …but rewarded us well at the end of the job £££ :smiley:
Shipping job pack up over 2 days in Cardiff for Oz Thursday…Friday enjoyed it …it was a nice change.

How about you ■■

Hi lads ,good week local mon to wed ,then Bodmin Hayle parked up in Newton abbot tip fri then Exeter up to Bristol load Knorr Bremes back to yard clocked out 4,30 happy days

Hello John ,Mark , I would of enjoyed both your jobs you were both doing , we were very quite this week ,this coming week is a lot busier and the rest of the month more promising , could you both PM me your email address ,you might be interested in a email which was sent me about our TGL , cannot say to much on here !!! :open_mouth:

Little motors looking good in the yard .

The “Guvnor” has come in handy since being pulled out the warehouse ,we use it most days now ,lad is washing polishing it most days ,now wants a a few marker lights in the bumper ,i am looking now for them .

JAKEY:
Little motors looking good in the yard .

The “Guvnor” has come in handy since being pulled out the warehouse ,we use it most days now ,lad is washing polishing it most days ,now wants a a few marker lights in the bumper ,i am looking now for them .

Hi Steve ,looking good sent you pm with addy on it :smiley:

John , i have sent you 2x emails ,check your Spam !!

JAKEY:
John , i have sent you 2x emails ,check your Spam !!

Did get them mate sent you 2 pms back :smiley: