Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

1.all washed and parked up until the new year ,although i am doing a night out on the 30th for Robinsons .

JAKEY:
1.all washed and parked up until the new year ,although i am doing a night out on the 30th for Robinsons .

Looking tidy JAKEY,lets hope they sort your MAN out in the New Year finally. :wink:

Old Marsden brochure chaps. :smiley: :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Thank you Dean ,so do i .

Love the Marsden advert , i take two of those TK please as long as they have 6 cylinder Diesel engines in :laughing:

Well lads i think this topic has gone from strength to strength this year ,even non removal men contributing ! :open_mouth: love Deans pictures and Mark and myself keep reminding John what he is missing !! lol i mean not missing lol :open_mouth: :laughing:

windrush:
Having just spent two full days with my van in pouring rain helping my neighbours move I’m just glad that I didn’t choose removals when I went lorry driving! :laughing:

Pete.

Lol :smiley: Peter i never thought i would have stayed in the game either 40+ years later i’m still here…left it once for 18 months but ended back in it :smiley:

JAKEY:
Well lads i think this topic has gone from strength to strength this year ,even non removal men contributing ! :open_mouth: love Deans pictures and Mark and myself keep reminding John what he is missing !! lol i mean not missing lol :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Steve,
I will echo your comment here mate…some good posts this year with ourselfs and John (smallcoal) not forgetting Dean …Carl Williams and many others…looking forward to another years worth.

marktaff:

windrush:
Having just spent two full days with my van in pouring rain helping my neighbours move I’m just glad that I didn’t choose removals when I went lorry driving! :laughing:

Pete.

Lol :smiley: Peter i never thought i would have stayed in the game either 40+ years later i’m still here…left it once for 18 months but ended back in it :smiley:

But you didn’t start the day before your 69th birthday like I did, I don’t think I will get 40+ years in! :laughing:

Pete.

DEANB:
Old Marsden brochure chaps. :smiley: :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Dean they are cracking brohure’s …lovely insight in to the past Marsden vehicles…something i was hoping someone would come up with great post…thanks Dean

windrush:

marktaff:

windrush:

Pete.

But you didn’t start the day before your 69th birthday like I did, I don’t think I will get 40+ years in! :laughing:

Pete.

Lol :smiley: Peter your never to old my freind …we a have a guy with us who is 69 …he jumps over the heads of the youngsters we have with us…your as old as you feel :smiley:

marktaff:
Hello Gentlemen,
I’d like to wish you and your family’s a merry christmas and a happy new year :smiley:

Our new Spanish truck !

Mark ,that is a nice truck ,not your then ?

Peter , we have a part time packer who comes in three days a week maximum but i have had him in for five days in a trot ,he only packs but will move light things if asked , he was on that large book move to London this week ,but pushing a barrow which he likes doing , i have taken him on over nights but i worry about him too much to do that all the time, he has nothing at home to go home too ,but he owns his home and has no money worries at all ,infact he replaces his white goods and tv’s every 6 months !!! and he buys Miele machines!!! he just loves trucks and removals .

JAKEY:

Peter , we have a part time packer who comes in three days a week maximum but i have had him in for five days in a trot ,he only packs but will move light things if asked , he was on that large book move to London this week ,but pushing a barrow which he likes doing , i have taken him on over nights but i worry about him too much to do that all the time, he has nothing at home to go home too ,but he owns his home and has no money worries at all ,infact he replaces his white goods and tv’s every 6 months !!! and he buys Miele machines!!! he just loves trucks and removals .

I only wish that I was that fit Jakey! I’m not bad on the flat with my stick, but struggle with slopes and can’t get up steps unless there is a handrail etc to pull myself up. That restricts me for carrying anything two handed up steps or stairs! I did manage a lot of the neighbours lighter boxes though, but there are five steps into their new home, plus four storeys, so I dumped my packages in the hallway for the younger element to distribute! :wink: We live on a 1 in 5 hill, and in a three story house (plus caring for my wife full time) which isn’t the ideal scenario really but we crack on and get on with life! :laughing: Plenty of folk worse off than us in the World. No, I will leave removals to those younger and fitter, I might just about manage a light tipper job and some spanner work though!

Pete.

Not a recent photo of the 3t Sprinter ,we had to have it repainted and repairs due to sme one hitting it .

Another old photo.

Morning Steve,you not working today are you mate ,I’m of till Thursday who hit the van mate not good much damage done

A couple of adverts chaps. :smiley:

Click on pages twice.

DEANB:
A couple of adverts chaps. :smiley:

Click on pages twice.

I remember going onto the Sparshatts stand at the Commercial Motor show in the early 70s where they were proudly exhibiting their first full fibreglass luton van. I cannot remember what chassis it was based on but while talking to them I tod them our first fibreglass pantechnicon had been built by Marsden in 1965 (JUP965C on Bedford SB chassis) and at the time of speaking we had over 20 full fibreglass Marsdens operating so they were a little late into the fray. They knew who I was as they had seen our vans but never had the wisdom even to venture up into the North east with a representative . As I left they were sitting with their mouths wide open as they never realised how advanced Marsden were at that time. It just shows you how you need to keep a close eye on your competition 7 try to keep one step ahead whatever business you are in…

JAKEY:

Hi Steve,
No not mine mate…happy with the 5 pallet van :smiley:

22757679195_28695d6c35_b.jpg

Hi lads a happy new year to you all and your families hope next year brings good fortune :smiley: