Best route to Argeles-Sur-Mer

green456:
. We are booked on the 1915hrs Dover to Calais and then have whilst 1500hrs the following day to get there

your going on holiday and you have a booking in time to adhere to :smiley:
may as well stay at work :smiley:

Not really a booking time but we are not allowed to check in before 1500hrs - having said that I think they allow 30mins lol

Norfolknewbie:

green456:
. We are booked on the 1915hrs Dover to Calais and then have whilst 1500hrs the following day to get there

your going on holiday and you have a booking in time to adhere to :smiley:
may as well stay at work :smiley:

Not really a booking time but we are not allowed to check in before 1500hrs - having said that I think they allow 30mins lol

You don’t have to use the boat that you’re actually booked on in either direction.The ticket is valid for any crossing and you just pay a surcharge if it goes into a different time tarrif than the one you’ve booked.But the extra surcharge has to be paid with a card.At least in the case of P and O.So if you find yourself running later than the booking time it doesn’t matter.

Thanks for that bit of info carryfast may be of more use coming home when we are booked onto the 0435hrs ish crossing

Use Google prior to going to search out the supermarkets (Carrefour, LeClerc etc) that are just off the motorways.

I went to the Alps in Feb. Diesel on the motorways was 1.55, I paid 1.32 and didnt leave the motorway by more than 1/2 a mile.

Your first stop should you go via Reims, is the Le Clerc at Reims Sud. I can get there from Acle!! About 3 hours from Calais and less than 500 yards from the motorway.

Put them all in the Satnav prior to leaving.

Also, get yourself a toll tag. www.saneftolling.co.uk. Well worth it.

DadsRetired:
Also, get yourself a toll tag. www.saneftolling.co.uk. Well worth it.

Anybody tried this ? We’re off to France in August and quite fancy using this system.