Being ill whilst tramping

3 wheeler:
any respectable transport company.

Not many of them about.

I once pulled into Beaconsfield services on the M40 after spending the day doing deliveries in London. Not feeling to smart at the end of the day I went to the loo and then went back to the truck. Got in to bed and within ten minutes I was running back to the loo. Went back to to the truck picking up and taking some Imodium on the way. Once back at the truck and hoping to get some sleep. I found that I was once again running back to the toilets again. After a while I when back to the truck only for the same thing to happen again. By now I was so exhausted that I feel asleep on the toilet… The next thing I know is that my phone alarm is going off and I wake up to find out that I have spent 99% of my 9 hour rest period asleep sat on the toilets in the services.

I felt a bit better and went for a walk around, took some more Imodium, final visit to the toilet before setting off back up the M40 , calling in at each and every services. Also had a black bucket with double lined bin bags in the cab just in case I didn’t make a loo stop.

Not a great day of living the dream… Didn’t eat for 24 hours, kept taking Imodium. Next 24 hours I had some Imodium and only eat rivita to help bung me up. Glad when that week ended…

Death certificate? no, well carry on then :wink:. No in reality if your sick, your sick, pull over, near a toilet, so your not a hazard to yourself or others on the road. Depending on how ill you are, phone NHS 24 and your TM, explain your not fit to drive and take it from there. Hopefully they will send someone out to recover you and take your wagon. Get well soon.

took ill a couple of times over the years and you know when enough is enough, just park up and ring the office to make them aware and stay put until your fit again.

Times have changed, your not to ring your t.m, t.o when Ill, you must ring your absence manager, then he will inform your t.0
Six simple steps
Call the hot line ------- -------
Have your employee no ready
Follow the prompts,speaking clearly
If unsure of date of return to work, make a estimate
Always recall to notify changes
Call again when you return to work
Lot of drivers don’t know of these procedures when Ill