Average Earnings?

ill see your spanner and raise you …try 850 euro after tax :wink:

A smidge over £550 here for 60 hours and 4 nights out last week. Was admittedly a good week though - is normally a bit lower, but never less than £500. That’s at dodgy Teesside rates, too, btw. :wink:

ellies dad:

and il spanner you aswell… last week i cleared £1139.28 before tax and took home £848.90 :wink:

your in the wrong job. :smiling_imp:

thats with no nights out

jessicas dad:

ellies dad:

and il spanner you aswell… last week i cleared £1139.28 before tax and took home £848.90 :wink:

What do you do :question:

Smee:

jessicas dad:

ellies dad:

He is a male prostitute :wink:

I thought it must be something like that… :unamused:

Willy waving wages :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Smee:

jessicas dad:

ellies dad:

Captains 747’s for Cathay Pacific :laughing:

Nice work if you can get it jessicas dad. Don’t worry about me , i couldnt be happier :wink: .
Smee i drive a timber truck, allbeit in a niche sector of an otherwise not so well paid job.

Seems like my wages are on scale with the national average for class 2 and class 1.

bowserman:

Wheel Nut:

Smee:

jessicas dad:

ellies dad:

Captains 747’s for Cathay Pacific :laughing:

I always thought that was a 100K job?

Now now guy’s we digress, I need help on this subject… :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

Smee:

jessicas dad:

ellies dad:

thanks malc… i forgot to include those earnings as well.

no no seriously i gave up the lorries and retrained to be an electrician and im now on rewires on pricework.

no no seriously i gave up the lorries and retrained to be an electrician and im now on rewires on pricework.

Fair play to you on that one, it’s something i’ve always thought about doing but have never really been sure of the potential earnings or training requirements.

£50k a year i you keep that up makes it a no brainer of a career change if you like it :sunglasses:

jessicas dad:
[ retrained to be an electrician and im now on rewires on pricework.

so you did this by going to college or did a electrical contractor take you on knowing you would pass all your exams??

did you gain any on the job experience (i.e building sites doing 1st and 2nd fixes) or just in the college

the reason i ask is because ive got most of my papers for it but not the AM2(city and guilds) firm went bust before i could sit the practical side of it so i was stuffed

if you are a certified electrician now i would like to know how you did it cos i wouldnt mind getting back into it either

apart from close friends and family asking me to do stuff having been away all week!! pain in the ■■■

Thetaff:

jessicas dad:
[ retrained to be an electrician and im now on rewires on pricework.

so you did this by going to college or did a electrical contractor take you on knowing you would pass all your exams??

did you gain any on the job experience (i.e building sites doing 1st and 2nd fixes) or just in the college

the reason i ask is because ive got most of my papers for it but not the AM2(city and guilds) firm went bust before i could sit the practical side of it so i was stuffed

if you are a certified electrician now i would like to know how you did it cos i wouldnt mind getting back into it either

apart from close friends and family asking me to do stuff having been away all week!! pain in the ■■■

what i did was sign up for 2 days a week at a college in leeds for a thurs and fri course. I worked on the agency sun to weds up till xmas then after xmas sent out over 70 cv’s and cover letters and only got 4 replys. i took one of those jobs which was crap but it gave me some experiance and looked good on my cv. then after 4 months got finished on that job so i sent out another 70odd cv’s this time i got my current job. i started off at a crap rate but being quite handy with my hands and quick learning so started to pick it up and so went up my wage. the firm i work for arent the best but me and my mate are starting our own business about april.
istarted on pricework last year and have been on it up to now. that wage i quoted was my best yet but i think this week will better it as we are doing rewires now and have got our times down to doing them in a day with 3 of us.
also my firm has put me through the jtl nvq level3 and also i passed the am2 first time this week so now im just waiting for my jib card.
so all in all my training is now finished and im a qualified electrician.

if you want to do it go for it. ive done it and now im glad its been a long struggle financally and mentally but ive done and i dont look back. we are working in scunthorpe now on rewires and everyday travelling from leeds to scunny i look at the trucks and really miss them but then again i now get up at 6.10am for work and im home again by 6.30 in my own bed.

would i go back to the trucks…

if i was single yes its an addiction thats in my blood. :cry:

fair play to you jessicas dad glad its worked out for you

i did the c+g did block release the first year and day release the second year passed all the exams 3 and a half years in the firm went ■■■■ up and i couldnt get a firm to take me back on that was over 10 years ago,still keep my hand in so to speak when im asked too worst part of the job was going in the lofts with all that fibreglass in the summer :frowning: :frowning: other than that it was great seen the rates they are on now and its a bit of a ■■■■■■ but such is life :wink: