Amusing street names

There’s a Break Egg Hill in Billericay and a Scurvy Hall Lane just north of Chelmsford. One of my favourites is Crazy Lane just off the A21 around John’s Cross somewhere.

I also like the villages of Matching Tye and Matching Green in Essex. Which reminds me of a couple of years ago delivering to a site

XYZ Site
Green Street Green Road,
Green Street Green
Kent.

Not a street name, but…
streetmap.com/place/Misery_C … 390611.htm

Northamptonshire and the East Midlands in general also has it’s fair share of weird names lol

I forgot about one:

This street is one of the most popular places amongst Polish tourists in Prague. Beacuse, less or more, this means in Polish “Into the ■■■■■” in, well, less politically corect style :wink:

Driveroneuk:
■■■■■■■ Lane - on the left just before the M18 when you come out of The Stockyard truckstop at Hellaby

our yards half way down the road but never thought about the name :unamused:

B@STARDS LANE, torrington

COCKHAVEN ROAD, Bishopsteignton, teignmouth

We have:
Kill crash lane,
&
Turkey street.

and my favourite place in Ireland is:
■■■■.

kindle530:
Saw this a few years ago, i went past it a few months ago, and think its been changed now

They’ve changed that quick

maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc … 5,0,22.17

limeyphil:
We have:
Kill crash lane,
&
Turkey street.

■■■■.

■■■■ in Ireland have a diving club seriously :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

muffdivingclub.net/

not a street name but a place name,always makes me smile,“thong”.imagine telling someone you lived in thong! :laughing:

My friend (female) scared her parents when she was young. She went to the village Ciąża (polish Mazury district) and phoned them saying “mom, dad, jestem w Ciąży” (I am in Ciąża). Problem was is that she was 15 at the time, and although “jestem w Ciąży” means “I am in Ciąża”, “jestem w ciąży” means “I am pregnant” :wink:

garnerlives:

limeyphil:
We have:
Kill crash lane,
&
Turkey street.

■■■■.

■■■■ in Ireland have a diving club seriously :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

muffdivingclub.net/

I can’t wait to tell the lads. :laughing: :laughing:

We have a village in Austria called F…U…C…K or the famous brit “F” word incase this gets censored they have had to make the village signs harder to pinch, and they did think of renaming the village but decided it’s been called it for 300 years so @?ck it why should we change it

I could post here a picture of the village sign from that village maps.google.com/maps?q=■■■■■■■+a … cking&z=14 with sign where the local young kids are asking drivers to slow down.

I could, but I can’t, as it will be deleted by our touchy moderators, as it was before…

What a thread cheered me up for the rest of the night

Sure I’ve seen a few but cant think what they were.

Me and the mrs stopped at a campsite in north yorks last year called “lower bell end farm” lol shame my landrover’s wheel bearing decided to collapse as there was no phone signal up there! And being a bank holiday there was nothing I could do about it until the tuesday.

Uncouth Road in Rochdale

There is Crumps Butts in Bicester
I used to deliver to a chicken farm in Willow Wong in Burton Joyce

Heading east out of Crook on A689 on sunday I asked my good lady
to check the streetname on the left. her laughing fit lasted until
we reached Willington. The road is called Low Jobs Lane and some
wit or perhaps someone looking for businss had added a “B” in felt
marker at the begining. Kevmac47

Stewart Road in Basingstoke makes me smile for some reason… :wink:

Didn’t get a photo but as you come into wellingborough on the A510 from finedon, some wit has painted out the INGBO on the town sign - made me LOL anyroad :laughing: