Almost 2 days with agency

dieseldave:
:open_mouth: tachograph might have forgotten that 30p is six bob in proper money :wink:

Errrrm … errrrrr … well I was of course referring to the 14th Century English Florin coin which was worth 6 bob :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

You are of course right though, the two bob coin was nicknamed a florin :smiley:

I was just wondering, do you get paid extra for doing nights out :question:

ROG:
any I forgot :question: :question: :question:

1 guinea = £1+ 1shilling (21 shillings)

Lordy:
I was just wondering, do you get paid extra for doing nights out :question:

Most people get night out money to cover their expenses for food ec’t, it can vary from company to company but I think the average would be around the £20 to £25 mark now.

tachograph:

ROG:
any I forgot :question: :question: :question:

1 guinea = £1+ 1shilling (21 shillings)

Nice one :laughing: :laughing:

Then you’re all forgetting the 9 bob note - I’ve met a few as bent as one of these :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was also a Crown which was 5 shillings - but even I dont remember those.
But I do remember farthings and guineas :blush: and the silver threepeny bit which preceded the brass one with all the ‘corners’
The farthing had a Wren on it. The smallest British bird on the Smallest British coin.

Hard to beleive there were 960 farthings to one pound! Thats when penny chews actually cost a penny! :smiley:

Mothertrucker:
There was also a Crown which was 5 shillings - but even I dont remember those.
But I do remember farthings and guineas :blush: and the silver threepeny bit which preceded the brass one with all the ‘corners’
The farthing had a Wren on it. The smallest British bird on the Smallest British coin.

Somewhere in the vaults we have several mint condition Crowns which were issued for Queen Elizabeth II when she was crowned, We also have some which were bought for our birthdays.

These old white Fivers are worth up to £150