A40 germany bad-accident

understandable James

Vascoingles:
understandable James

the worst thing of all is after dropping her off to school my mrs needs to go from benalmadena to marbella to get to work and therefore she uses the A7 or old N340 which is one of the most dangerous stretches of road in europe especially when its used by trucks and moro’s heading for algeciras its a nightmare

welshboyinspain:
…showed my mrs and she said she’ll never stop behind a truck, good idea methinks

When i have to do some instruction i show recruits the following youtube clip.

Most on here may have seen it, for those who havent it is pretty graphic but shows what a moments loss of concentration can do and also why, if you do come to a stop behind a truck and you havent left the “tyres and tarmac” space then FFS keep an eye on your mirrors…

youtube.com/watch?v=clhIce8hteY

Shocking but as has been said already, if it shocks enough people into being more careful then that is a good thing.

Goodness me! That was a suprise,I thought I’d be coming home at the end of the week to find endless abuse and disgust at the picture.

But,it’s true what Paul and everyone else has said,if it makes just one driver think about the consequences of driving too close then that’s a possible life,or lives,saved.
But I find,particularly in Germany,that it’s not just driving too close that causes these terrible incidents.It’s also driver’s hurtling along,maybe some distance from any vehicle in front of him (or her),not concentrating on what’s going on in front of them (or watching a movie on their laptop,like most Polish driver’s) and realising too late that the traffic has come to a stop.

Vascoingles:

jimti:

Vascoingles:
the more of these fotos that get shown then the more drivers will think about what they doing, showing them may upset some people but if by upsetting 1000 you can cause someone to think again and save a life then I say upset the 1000

^^^What he said^^^

some one agreed with me ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Reluctantly, but yes :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Simon:

Vascoingles:

jimti:

Vascoingles:
the more of these fotos that get shown then the more drivers will think about what they doing, showing them may upset some people but if by upsetting 1000 you can cause someone to think again and save a life then I say upset the 1000

^^^What he said^^^

some one agreed with me ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vascoingles:

Simon:

Vascoingles:

jimti:

Vascoingles:

^^^What he said^^^

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is getting out of hand so I withdraw my comment… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused:

definitely cannot have so many people agreeing with me

my street cred as an exrement mover will definitelybe ruined :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: