A Question

Just looked again and am sticking by my vote - Illegal. He’s produced six cards between each of the first three weekly rests making the second reduced one illegal, regardless of what happens after that. You have to have 45 every other weekend now. :wink:

Where is the bugger hiding■■? We want the answer

The answer is…

Legal!

As several people have pointed out the regulations say you must take either two full or one full and one reduced rest in consecutive weeks. A week is defined in the driver’s hours regulations as being ‘the period of time between 00.00 on Monday and 24.00 on Sunday’ A full rest was taken in week 1 with a reduced in week 2 so that meets the requirements. That reduced rest in week 2 goes with the full rest in week 3 so again it meets the requirements.

The second reduced rest period is only there to prevent the driver doing more than 6x24 hour periods without a weekly rest period. There is nothing in the regulations to prevent you taking more than one weekly rest period in a week.

If the regulations said that consecutive rest periods must be two full or one full and one reduced then it would not be legal, they don’t so it is.

As for making up the reductions the one in week 2 does not have to be compensated for before the end of week 5 and the one in week 3 before the end of week 6. We don’t know how much of a reduction there was, it may have just been 5 or 6 hours and that could well be made up on the second full period. We don’t know from the information given so it isn’t relevant to the question.

What I said all along!!! Except in English and not Jockanese

TheBear:
What I said all along!!! Except in English and not Jockanese

No, you said

TheBear:
The second reduced rest on the 25th is the compensation for the previous weeks reduced rest.

Which isn’t absolutely correct. It is to avoid the driver exceeding 6x24 hour periods without a weekly rest. Part of it might help to compensate for the previous reduced rest, depending on length of each reduced rest, but that isn’t its main purpose. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

bagpuss:
what hours was the offender doing on his working days IE; shift lengths rest period in hrs

Not relevant for this question. However, for the purposes of this question it can safely be assumed that on each working day all regulations regarding driving hours, breaks and daily rest periods were complied with.

AND,ehhh…
How is that with the reduced Weekendbreak?
Must ya not pay it back before end of second Week?PLUS,doing 45 Hour Weekendbreak before ya start the thirt Week :question:
Don’t have it with paying back exactly,but you must have a 45 Hour Break before starting the thirt Week,i rekon

:smiley:

Lovlyperson:
How is that with the reduced Weekendbreak?
Must ya not pay it back before end of second Week?

No, before end of third week following the reduction. Reduction week 2 before end of week 5.

Coffeeholic:
I can see the word behind the [zb :wink: :smiley:

so can I, :wink: I think Bear was right :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

Coffeeholic:
I can see the word behind the [zb :wink: :smiley:

so can I, :wink: I think Bear was right :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

FPMSL

nice to know i know the rules :laughing:

scania245:
nice to know i know the rules :laughing:

Me too, although only the bits that actually apply to me. Don’t have a clue about double manning, ferry rules etc.