400 Tesco jobs?

haribo4000:

OVLOV JAY:
But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

Nail on the head! They have lost limbs for less. Don’t hear them moaning about it though.
£10ph + for delivering to stores sounds good to me.

Not at 1am on a Sunday morning, as tesco rates are set for all hours worked, that’s why they are currently very high (well that and they were mugged by the union because they thought the wtd would limit their earnings). I can earn more on overtime at 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon pulling a container :open_mouth:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:
That’s true Karl, but only because its still going to be in house transport. But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

How much per hour you on at maritime.

£8.10 basic then £10.25 ot after 11 hrs

Sorry thought it was £385 for 55 hours.

No mate, it’s £445 for 55hrs (day men get £495)

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:
That’s true Karl, but only because its still going to be in house transport. But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

How much per hour you on at maritime.

£8.10 basic then £10.25 ot after 11 hrs

Sorry thought it was £385 for 55 hours.

No mate, it’s £445 for 55hrs (day men get £495)

Is that including £50 a week meal allowance.

Yes but don’t get bogged down in the it’s not wages camp. We got it to save the tax. It wasn’t added on, our basic was reduced, and if we didn’t get it, its not like we wouldn’t spend our remaining wages on food. A man’s got to eat :smiley:

OVLOV JAY:
Yes but don’t get bogged down in the it’s not wages camp. We got it to save the tax. It wasn’t added on, our basic was reduced, and if we didn’t get it, its not like we wouldn’t spend our remaining wages on food. A man’s got to eat :smiley:

So your on £7.18ph then. Less than what stobarts are on , and they get more meal allowance than you do.

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

So
your on £7.18ph then. Less than what stobarts are on , and they get more meal allowance than you do.

thats just being picky really but if thats how you work it out them fair enough except maritime are paid ot after 10 hrs and paid straight through were stobarts are paid no overtime rate unless they start early doors then they get the night rate

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

So your on £7.18ph then. Less than what stobarts are on , and they get more meal allowance than you do.

I said don’t get bogged down in technicalities, because I was talking specifically about wages on a sat/sun overnight. Stobarts is a flat rate plus a shift premium. By your rule of thumb you can only count the basic rate as wages. Thus, if I was driving a maritime truck in tesco at the same time as a stobart driver on sat/sun overnight I would be on over 2 and a half times his wages as weekend nights pays £18 an hour. But I’m not being picky. And for the record, I think my take home pay of over 600 a week is insulting for 71 hrs and 4 nights out, but I’m just happy I get my weekends with my kids so I don’t tend to worry about it

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

I said don’t get bogged down in technicalities, because I was talking specifically about wages on a sat/sun overnight. Stobarts is a flat rate plus a shift premium. By your rule of thumb you can only count the basic rate as wages. Thus, if I was driving a maritime truck in tesco at the same time as a stobart driver on sat/sun overnight I would be on over 2 and a half times his wages as weekend nights pays £18 an hour. But I’m not being picky. And for the record, I think my take home pay of over 600 a week is insulting for 71 hrs and 4 nights out, but I’m just happy I get my weekends with my kids so I don’t tend to worry about it

How many weekend night shifts have you done. And is that rate for tipping a loaded box.

I’ve never done a weekend night as I am a tramper but we have night men working every night of the week now. The rate is for anything. Boxes curtains or shunting

cliffton 27:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

So
your on £7.18ph then. Less than what stobarts are on , and they get more meal allowance than you do.

thats just being picky really but if thats how you work it out them fair enough except maritime are paid ot after 10 hrs and paid straight through were stobarts are paid no overtime rate unless they start early doors then they get the night rate

Overtime after 10 hours, thought it was after 55 hours which is 11 hours a day.

Yes it is 11. But once again, I wouldn’t work a Sunday morning for stobart pay. During the week the rates are similar, but I do boxes. I would never do curtains for either firm as the wages are only enough to cover the driving for both firm imho. I wouldn’t be getting soaked opening curtains or tipping in lidl for my money

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

You’d be on over 2 1/2 times a stobart drivers wages on a Saturday/Sunday night :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: