3 day diary , Birkenhead to Islay

alfa man:
Cheers guy’s,thanks for the positive comments. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
You done well with a load that length chaversdad cos if I remember right that Mull boat is quite tight.

yeah thats why i had to back on after the cars had boarded then when we got to craignure he brought it in backwards first so i could drive straight off then turned it around so the cars could drive off, was an interesting drive across the island with some fantastic scenery although it wasnt qiute as eventful as the 1st journey with 55ft beams when i was sent upto fort william and then round by drumsallie to come back down the otherside through achnalea and liddesdale to loch aline :open_mouth: on the plus side though when i had to stop for a 45minute break i just left it at the side of the road as there was no traffic in sight , just this bloody big eagle eyeing my sandwiches up :smiley:

Alpha man, is your mob based in behind Always UK&EU, along from J&S Bike shop? Peacock X Hamilton?

A good read and pictures, mate!

We visit friends on the Isle of Gigha a couple of times a year - it’s a real nice part of the country and if I could find a job and house . . . . . . . . . . :arrow_right:

Nice read and great pictures, Thanks.
I’m interested in the CCTV you said was in the cab, what’s it there for and can you access the images online?

Steve-o — yes mate , our yard backs on to Always transport.

dinosteveus1 — the cctv camera records onto an SD card and can be viewed by either pluging the camera directly into your computer or slotting the card into a reader.It’s there to hopefully help prove my innocence if I’m in an accident. Although the downside is, it could also prove my guilt ,if I dont manage to delete it before anybody sees it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

alfa man:
dinosteveus1 — the cctv camera records onto an SD card and can be viewed by either pluging the camera directly into your computer or slotting the card into a reader.It’s there to hopefully help prove my innocence if I’m in an accident. Although the downside is, it could also prove my guilt ,if I dont manage to delete it before anybody sees it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

WOW, that’s a good idea, I think. :confused:
How long can it record for before it needs deleting? Is it an ‘add on’ to 'something?

Steve,

Some of the insurance companies provide the cameras now as part of the ‘truck crashing false claim’ scam that was increasing a while ago. Those type of cameras usually record on a rolling basis, 30 mins IIRC. In the event of an accident you ‘save’ the newest data on the disk/card etc and it is scrutinised by the insurance company and if required, the Police/Courts.

Like alpha-man mentioned, if it’s clearly a ‘your fault’ accident, forgetting to save the data due to the shock of the incident would be a real shame . . . . . . . . . . . . :wink: :blush: :blush:

marcustandy:
Steve,

Some of the insurance companies provide the cameras now as part of the ‘truck crashing false claim’ scam that was increasing a while ago. Those type of cameras usually record on a rolling basis, 30 mins IIRC. In the event of an accident you ‘save’ the newest data on the disk/card etc and it is scrutinised by the insurance company and if required, the Police/Courts.

Like alpha-man mentioned, if it’s clearly a ‘your fault’ accident, forgetting to save the data due to the shock of the incident would be a real shame . . . . . . . . . . . . :wink: :blush: :blush:

Thanks. :smiley:
Sounds like the same thing the Yanks have in some new drivers cars, to reduce the insurance cost.
Good idea.

dinosteveus1:
How long can it record for before it needs deleting? Is it an ‘add on’ to 'something?

The system I use records upto 33 hours of footage depending on the picture quality setting, once the sd card is full it just starts overwriting it’s self. The card can be removed at any time to download the footage you need.
As for it being an add on , no it is completely stand alone and runs on 12 or 24 volt .Mine is mounted in the middle, right at the top of the windscreen within the wiper sweep so that it has a clear view.

alfa man:

dinosteveus1:

The system I use records upto 33 hours of footage depending on the picture quality setting, once the sd card is full it just starts overwriting it’s self. The card can be removed at any time to download the footage you need.
As for it being an add on , no it is completely stand alone and runs on 12 or 24 volt .Mine is mounted in the middle, right at the top of the windscreen within the wiper sweep so that it has a clear view.

Nice. :smiley:
I might have a look around to see how much they are, I’d love a record of where I’ve been. :stuck_out_tongue: