2 job offers.... what do I do ?!

stevieboy308:
only you know what will suit you best, but it’d be the job with an fm for me and a no brainer at that!

+1

Are these the Subwoofers built in to the back of the seats.?

DrivingMissDaisy:
No fridge? Well that would be the deal breaker for me… :unamused:… you know what you want. Shiny new truck and lazy mans’ job, why are you asking us? I’ll tell you what you do. Post the details of the W&D job then stand back in case you get killed in the rush!

Agreed :laughing:

Easy enough to find. Try indeed jobs S/Hampton, may or may not be the same one. Average weekly hours 56, paid meal breaks, £37K.

Elliots got a depot there?

No fridge and “only” an FM … the days when I did nights out in a 12 year old low roof “E” series ERF seem a long way off. FFS, man, go with the money and the more interesting job, especially if they’re offering £37k for a 56 hour week. Who cares what the truck is for that money?

I’d take the wag n drag job a volvo fm is more than adequate for a week away I drive a fm low cab but I only do occasional nights out but to me a cab is what you make it and I think at maritime your truck would be used by every one on a weekend.
Also heard mixed reports from maritime and the early finish time on a Friday and no weekends would be a big bonus.
Just my opinion mate and best of luck whatever you choose

yorkshire terrier:
I’d take the wag n drag job a volvo fm is more than adequate for a week away I drive a fm low cab but I only do occasional nights out but to me a cab is what you make it and I think at maritime your truck would be used by every one on a weekend.
Also heard mixed reports from maritime and the early finish time on a Friday and no weekends would be a big bonus.
Just my opinion mate and best of luck whatever you choose

Things may have changed since I was there, but that DID NOT happen.

Sometimes if you were back in the depot, they’d use your truck for a night run, which could be annoying if you’d travelled any distance to the job and were planning on staying in the truck, also screwed your fuel bonus up because the night men didn’t get 1 so just hammered the crap out of the truck and left it running whilst dropping / picking up trailers etc.

I would forget maritime, the second job sounds better with every weekend off, finish by 4pm on a friday, £26 a night out, and dont forget nearly every bank holiday is on a monday, so lots of long weekends off, and 4 days at easter, cant be bad.

Guys

Thanks for the replies and advice off most , my heart said the wag and drag job but as I’d never done anything like this was just trying to get a feel for it

to the tossers on here that have nothing good to say blow me!!!

Like I say thanks for the advice of the majority

Rtm:
Guys

Thanks for the replies and advice off most , my heart said the wag and drag job but as I’d never done anything like this was just trying to get a feel for it

Well maybe if you put that in your original post you may have got a better response
put yourself in that category then
your main concern was the type of truck and room :open_mouth: :unamused:
Blow me :wink: :wink:

Rtm:
Guys

Touchy! :laughing:

I wouldn’t take the maritime job been interviewed today thought my job was bad but theirs was worse £405 basic before tax for a 55 hour week plus £50 food allowance plus £23 night allowance so your looking at 480 a week plus they expect you to do saturdays as well.That was in the northwest so I said not for me politely.Maybe I’m being too picky but I want £600 for tramping which I think is reasonable for being out all week. :frowning: