2 6 day weeks in a row?

4aaaa4dd:

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:
HE HAD A REGULAR IN 2 SO THAT DOES FOR 3 AND HAS A REGULAR IN 5 ?

What if the regular in week 2 was used for week 2 as I stated then ■■?

BUT IT WASNT HE,S ALREADY STATED HE ONLY DOES 1 IN 4 SATURDAYS.

Makes no difference to the answer

Here are 8 weeks
Regular in weeks 1 2 3 6 7
reduced in weeks 4 5 8

The reduced in weeks 4 + 5 make it illegal as number 5 is the extra one for the yard move

Had the yard move been done on week 2 or 6 instead of 5 then it would be ok

The above states what type of weekly rest has been used for each of those weeks so the regular for week 3 cannot be used for week 4 for example

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:
HE HAD A REGULAR IN 2 SO THAT DOES FOR 3 AND HAS A REGULAR IN 5 ?

What if the regular in week 2 was used for week 2 as I stated then ■■?

BUT IT WASNT HE,S ALREADY STATED HE ONLY DOES 1 IN 4 SATURDAYS.

Makes no difference to the answer

Here are 8 weeks
Regular in weeks 1 2 3 6 7
reduced in weeks 4 5 8

The reduced in weeks 4 + 5 make it illegal as number 5 is the extra one for the yard move

Had the yard move been done on week 2 or 6 instead of 5 then it would be ok

The above states what type of weekly rest has been used for each of those weeks so the regular for week 3 cannot be used for week 4 for example

you got me baffled rog I will just say to the lad if in doubt don’t do it …

300 meters in 2 minutes, are you driving a snail?
If it genuinely is 300 meters on an industrial estate and depending on how many runs you do then I probably wouldn’t even bother putting my card in.

ROG:

Wiretwister:

thelorryist:
Right my firm is relocation about 300m down the road. 2 minute drive away.

Now I currently work Monday to Friday 03:30 til 12:30 daily.

Then I have to work 1 Saturday in every four. (07:00-17:00)

My manager has asked me if I’ll help move the stock on Saturday the 5th oct but I’m also due to work the following Saturday 12th.

I’m 99% sure I can’t help him out as I won’t get enough rest over the 3 week period as it would be 45h/24h/24h/45h weekly rest.

Ill hand it over to the experts see if you lot can fathom anything out?

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf

22-24 are the relevant pages and I would suggest that what you are being asked to do is legally possible. Apart from all the legal jargon there are schematic diagrams which show 2 consecutive weeks with reduced weekly rests, If I understand correctly the wording says any 2 consecutive weeks must have a full weekly rest and in the OP s case the week before the first reduced is a full weekly rest; the week after the second reduced weekly rest is a full weekly rest so this is why I believe it possible.

Whether you want to however is another matter.

that diagram shows 4 rest periods for 3 weeks but the question remains - which of those was used for each of the weeks?
IF the rest at the start was used for week 1 and IF the rest at the end was used for week 3 then week 2 has two reduced but only needs one - answer the IFs for a definitive

Rog. I am not at all sure why you are adding “ifs” that are not, IMHO relevant. Using the information supplied by the lorryist, who is the man affected, it is pretty straight forward (a fact grasped by 4aaaa4dd).

Week 1 - Scheduled Saturday working, reduced weekly rest of 34.5 hours.
Week 2 - Full weekly rest of 63 hours - 11.5 hours compensation paid back for previous reduced weekly rest in week 1.
Week 3 - Full weekly rest of 63 hours.
Week 4 - Requested Saturday working, reduced weekly rest of 34.5 hours.
Week 5 - Scheduled Saturday working, reduced weekly rest of 34.5 hours.
Week 6 - Full weekly rest of 63 hours - 11.5 hours compensation paid back for reduced weekly rest in week 4.
Week 7 - Full weekly rest of 63 hours - 11.5 hours compensation paid back for reduced rest in week 5.

Now pair weeks 1 & 2, 3 &4, 5 & 6 for the purposes of a full weekly rest in consecutive weeks and he will be full compliant.

The only other possible issue, that I can see, would be the 90 hours driving in the fortnight of weeks 4 & 5 where there is a maximum of 50.5 driving hours available (55 hours attended less 4.5 hours driving breaks) but I don’t believe that the OP will be driving as soon as he arrives at work and up to the minute he leaves, indeed on Saturday 10 hours attended less 1 driving break of 45 minutes leaves 9.25 hours so a second break would be needed if there were no other work done.

Wiretwister:
Now pair weeks 1 & 2, 3 &4, 5 & 6 for the purposes of a full weekly rest in consecutive weeks and he will be full compliant.

Now pair the weeks 2+3 and 4+5 and you get ■■?

The rules say any two consecutive weeks

You can work six days every week :sunglasses: as long as you’ve 45 off :sunglasses: drama queens :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

So in terms we all understand ,can you have two reduced weekly breaks consecutively?

nomadicscouser:
So in terms we all understand ,can you have two reduced weekly breaks consecutively?

Not if both are used as the weekly rests for two consecutive weeks