Thanks for that, i’ll bear that in mind

Whoosh!

Wheel Nut:

turn&burn:

Wheel Nut:
Claiming your mother was a virgin isn’t going to help your case in court :wink:

Thanks for that, i’ll bear that in mind

Whoosh!

I got the joke Wheelnut, maybe you should highlight the word to help the less obsevant :smiley:

Nativity / virgin. Well done.

Obviousy I was meant to write naievty.

Well, if Tescos (I presume) haven’t received anything by now you can breathe more easily TnB but this doesn’t mean you should enquire of them of course! You really just have to assume the best, as the dreaded news may never arrive. However, “It can be weeks, if not months, before you find out about it but again this does not invalidate the notice.”

I’d stay quiet until you hear from the authorities if I were you. Chances are you won’t hear a thing about it. If & when you do that’s the time to address the situation but keep in mind that AFAIK, all weight restrictions refer to the Max Gross weight of vehicles.

It bugs me to think they’ve banned lorries from using a lot of so called “Weak Bridges” yet Tractors towing loaded trailers go across them & no one bats an eyelid. They’re not plated but can gross over 24 tonnes so every one of them should be done when they trundle on as if the rules don’t apply to them & no one seems to give them a second thought.

We have a bridge close to us which has a sign declaring it’s a 7.5 tonne limit with NO exceptions. Again, dustcarts & tractors towing big trailers regularly cross it & twice a year Fair ground lorries tow across it with no one taking any notice.

BB

Thanks,

It will be 6 weeks this Friday and so far I’ve heard nothing so I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’ve been a lucky git!. Like i said it was silly and naive of me to cross it but i definitely wont be making that mistake again. :confused:

turn&burn:
Thanks,

It will be 6 weeks this Friday and so far I’ve heard nothing so I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’ve been a lucky git!. Like i said it was silly and naive of me to cross it but i definitely wont be making that mistake again. :confused:

The least said is the soonest mended. We all make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up over it, none of us can turn the clock back.

BB

I know its been nearly a year since the last post on this conversation but I’m fairly new to trucknet.

Unfortunately I am a driver that also broke this weight limit at Newbridge in may of 2010. It qas nearly 6 months before a letter landed on my transport managers table from Oxfordshire county councils trading standards team with notice of intended prosecution.

There are 3 cameras on the bridge, all 3 of them caught me.

As its a council prosecution and not a police prosecution the normal 14 days don’t apply.

What ever my transport manager wrote back to Oxfordshire County council it had some effect as the prosecution was dropped but with a stern warning that if my truck was caught there again the fine would be £1000 plus costs. There is no points either as its not a police prosecution.

I don’t know if you ever heard anything in the end but this is what happened to me.

Hi, yeah it’s a year now and unheard nothing so I assume I was lucky. Surely after a year they can’t pursue me.