RM Jobs

Rumour is RM are looking for C+E drivers. As many as 200 of them across the country.

might be time to get my C+E.

…Via agency only - lgv wise.

The full time posts are for 3.5t van drivers @ Parcelforce rather than RM…

Winseer:
…Via agency only - lgv wise.

The full time posts are for 3.5t van drivers @ Parcelforce rather than RM…

Dont be so sure.

You’re not going by some billy bullcrap sites like this one are you?

http://www.jobinga.co.uk/jobs?w=royal+mail+driving+jobs&l=

If you type in [zb] you’ll get a single job come up - which is more than the mere adverts to other websites you get come up when you type in “royal mail driving jobs”.

The clue is in none of the links going to the official Royal Mail website of course… :bulb:

Never in this lifetime:)

Don’t worry about this Winseer. You took VR so didn’t want to work there anyway and profess to have a perfect balance working agency so this thread is of no benefit to you.
To those already on agency looking to get permanent then keep your eyes and ears open.

Is it just Class 1 drivers?

Rumour has it ■■? Then treat it as such, I’ve worked for RM for 30 plus years & on my way out very soon.

jonnyquango:
Rumour has it ■■? Then treat it as such, I’ve worked for RM for 30 plus years & on my way out very soon.

Sorry - replace rumour with ‘a reliable source’

As i said not rumour and not 3.5t. Still billy bullcrap Winseer?
rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail … pmiibenehe

m1cks:
Don’t worry about this Winseer. You took VR so didn’t want to work there anyway and profess to have a perfect balance working agency so this thread is of no benefit to you.
To those already on agency looking to get permanent then keep your eyes and ears open.

Yes, I took VR - but I’ve also been in there via agency on the Christmas Pressure the past couple of years like many others.
The rest of this year I’ve only done sporradic shifts, since I don’t work for Manpower/Pertemps or whatever - covering withdrawn drivers doing a DCPC module mainly.

I would expect to have heard by now if RM were actually recruiting again…
Indeed, it’s one of the few ways I can imagine going back to full time before 2018 as it stands - because the pay for the hours is about the best you can get anywhere… Gatwick (Cameo Park) is likely to have the most severe shortage of drivers in the short to medium term - so if you live around there, get a speculative application in - just in case THIS particular office actually starts taking on full timers (I never got to see many already in on agency get made up to full time in the 22 years I was working out of Rochester)

Any “perfect balance” I may or may not have achieved is all about what’s right for the years 2010-2018 in that I have no intention of neglecting my family for full time job committments.

I have no interest in flatting-out on agency at royal mail however, unless I’m on Parity Pay by december - so if I’m not doing regular shifts there starting in the next few weeks (so I qualify BEFORE Christmas…) then I will continue the “odds and sods only” approach, since I’ll be earning less than those around me.

Winseer:
I would expect to have heard by now if RM were actually recruiting again…

Or you could click the link in my last post! :facepalm:

m1cks:

Cheers :smiley: Will complete the application asap. When i have a spare 2 hours :open_mouth: Currently working for RM via agency on the 7.5 tonne trunks.

Asda in Wigan are also advertising and just sent that off too :smiley:

m1cks:

Hmm I didn’t get that advert up first visit to the site putting in DRIVER and leaving the other options open… How long has it been there?

It’s the third party so-called “job” websites that I refer to as “billy bullcrap” btw.

What’s all that about “transfer in” - Do you have to already be on parity pay again before you get a look in, and thus it in fact is NOT open to outside applicants?

It’s a bit worrying about the “6 points OK” aspect again too, and not asking for anyone to have a blue card in place, or even much experience come to that.

I shall investigate this further, as at present I suspect this is only a “term contract” across Christmas, and not a full time set of jobs providing one with the full RM Uniform etc… It seems prudent to get regular agency bods to “commit” across the months ahead I think.

“Angard Staffing fulfil Royal Mail’s requirements for flexible resource by managing a “pool” of employees that are supplied on assignments ranging from a single-shift cover to longer assignments covering a number of weeks.”

tends to throw me off track with the idea that this is a proper full time post too, I might add.

Here’s the result for the same website when you type in “permanent full time contract” “driving” with all the other options like exact location left open…

CENSORED because it’s making my screen go wonky, so I guess it’s hurting the screens of others too… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sorry about that long link - try this one instead… I got no results bar 3.5t jobs.

rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail01.asp

Read that here too. Its on the Bottom

To be eligible for a transfer you must be currently employed by Royal Mail Group on a permanent contract. You must have been employed for at least 26 weeks at your current site and have concluded your trial period.

Please carefully read the job description to confirm you are fully able to meet all the requirements of the role. Eligibility checks will be performed by recruitment services in accordance with the transfer guide. We recommend you notify your line manager once you have submitted your application.

Training Places - If you are not fully qualified for this role, please be advised that we will be advertising training places in the near future. /u][/i][/b]

Immigrant:
Read that here too. Its on the Bottom

To be eligible for a transfer you must be currently employed by Royal Mail Group on a permanent contract. You must have been employed for at least 26 weeks at your current site and have concluded your trial period.

Please carefully read the job description to confirm you are fully able to meet all the requirements of the role. Eligibility checks will be performed by recruitment services in accordance with the transfer guide. We recommend you notify your line manager once you have submitted your application.

Training Places - If you are not fully qualified for this role, please be advised that we will be advertising training places in the near future. /u][/i][/b]
[/quote]
So basically it’s an internal job advert.
Evidence in this thread suggests they take people on as puddle jumper drivers then there is opportunity to work your way up. Either that or go in via agency.

Offered internally first then externally.

hi all who is rm