Dartford Crossing Average Speed

Has anyone been issued a speeding ticket from the average speed cameras that span the crossing.
I’m just curious as to how enforceable they are as the offence is committed cross borders (ie Kent into Essex and vice versa) also which police force gets to
Issue them?

You’d be lucky to even reach the average speed over that bridge, the normal speed is usually 1 mph ! Lol !

two of my mates have told me people they work with have been done one of em works for the CO-OP out of thurrock and the other is a FORD driver. I’ve never actually heard first hand of someone getting done.

m1cks:
Has anyone been issued a speeding ticket from the average speed cameras that span the crossing.
I’m just curious as to how enforceable they are as the offence is committed cross borders (ie Kent into Essex and vice versa) also which police force gets to
Issue them?

This isn’t 1900 America.

Yes the cameras work and yes it is enforceable.

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=77347 Looks like the tickets (Southbound at least) are issued by Essex

trubster:

m1cks:
Looks like the tickets (Southbound at least) are issued by Essex

its a ROUND ring road :sunglasses: clockwise and believe it or not ANTI clockwise :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Didn’t say it was 1900’s America. One camera is in Essex and one is in Kent. In theory you could do 50 on the Essex side then speed up to 70 on the kent side. No offence has been committed in Essex but they can prosecute you for it.

m1cks:
Didn’t say it was 1900’s America. One camera is in Essex and one is in Kent. In theory you could do 50 on the Essex side then speed up to 70 on the kent side. No offence has been committed in Essex but they can prosecute you for it.

The cameras are before the bridge and the next set is on the bridge (They were the 2 live ones last time I used it at night)

I cant see the latter ones working as they do go through a change of speed limit.

The 2 cameras that are “Live” will be in Kent.

Our depot manager got nicked on the bridge, Essex side. He took the speed awareness course instead of the points and fine!

But you also see Essex Police in Kent and vice versa. I’m sure they’ve considered it for the odd occasion it might be clear enough to get someone.

8wheels:
But you also see Essex Police in Kent and vice versa. I’m sure they’ve considered it for the odd occasion it might be clear enough to get someone.

There aint no way you came from my loins, when I get home I am gonna smash yer mamma in the mouth :laughing:

8wheels:

Kent and Essex police have amalgamated some of their units as a result of the Government cuts. For example, there is now just one central Intelligence unit that covers both counties. They are still separate forces though…for now.

I’m on the limiter till the climb & then I drop off something chronic as i’m near to max weight & i’ve never been done up till there, what’s with that metal strip about half way up the climb on the bridge? Nearly has my fillings out every time I go over it.

I also refuse to drive in the inside lane of the A34 past Oxford, the piece of road with all the midlift rubber on, it’s in my sat nav & I do get some funny looks if there’s nothing in the inside lane when I move over. :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
I’m on the limiter till the climb & then I drop off something chronic as i’m near to max weight & i’ve never been done up till there, what’s with that metal strip about half way up the climb on the bridge? Nearly has my fillings out every time I go over it.

I also refuse to drive in the inside lane of the A34 past Oxford, the piece of road with all the midlift rubber on, it’s in my sat nav & I do get some funny looks if there’s nothing in the inside lane when I move over. :laughing:

theres two metal strips and they are for when the bridge expands and contracts when it gets hot

Well, you learn something new every day. You can’t really slow down as you’d be getting out & pushing the thing the rest of the way up.

Just a shame they can’t put marshmallows over it to allow my smooth & unruffled passage. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lee1976:
Kent and Essex police have amalgamated some of their units as a result of the Government cuts. For example, there is now just one central Intelligence unit that covers both counties. They are still separate forces though…for now.

Same as Yorkshire.

On the motorway cars around here, it says, “Policing Yorkshire and Humberside.”

Be a bit of a bugger if as a copper your wanted 60 miles away in a hurry.

Ken.