Industrial chemicals widnes

Does anybody know anything about industrial chemicals Widnes? Seen a job advertised class one ADR ,seems decent money there advertising?

A mate of mine works for Redway who are subcontracting a lot of work from ICL.
ICL are constantly looking for drivers because they are crap to work for.
The wage looks good on paper, but you have to do a stupid amount of hours for it. If you do days instead of tramping you will have to load or tip on break, otherwise you won’t have time to finish your work.
The planners are worse than useless, but will throw anyone else under the bus to try and cover their own mistakes.
Drivers who have been there a while pick and choose their work, leaving the ■■■■ for newer drivers or the subbies.
Work gets swapped around or cancelled with no notice, and if you get back at a decent time they will find extra work for you to do.
Oh, and you pay tax on night out money, if and when they pay it, as they have started docking people their night out money if they don’t think the driver has done enough before stopping.
If you want ADR work around Widnes, your best bet is Brenntag. You have to start through an agency (I think it’s still Extra Personnel in Warrington). They pay much better money and are brilliant to work for. I was there for a year, can’t say enough good things about them

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cheers cookie monster,I did think it was too good to be true,the advert said you could possibly earn 50 k,I,l leave them well alone then.

No worries mate. If you want to do ADR work and your based near Widnes, your best options would be Brenntag or Suttons. Gussions are apparently ok to work for as well, but not sure about the money. Huktra are looking for drivers as well at the minute if you don’t mind doing lift tanks.

Sutton’s were advertising for a night driver last week, round about 40k I think it was.

CookieMonster:
No worries mate. If you want to do ADR work and your based near Widnes, your best options would be Brenntag or Suttons. Gussions are apparently ok to work for as well, but not sure about the money. Huktra are looking for drivers as well at the minute if you don’t mind doing lift tanks.

Am just lookin about at the moment,I live in Skipton north yorks so am a fare way from alot of work other than quarry work an I don’t want to do that. I had a interview at huktra a couple of weeks ago with two woman,and when they asked me what do I think about safe driving…well when I answered they should advertise such things on TV instead of these woman’s sanatry towel adverts at tea time…I didn’t think it went down to well haha.

Cracker04:

CookieMonster:

Am just lookin about at the moment,I live in Skipton north yorks so am a fare way from alot of work other than quarry work an I don’t want to do that. I had a interview at huktra a couple of weeks ago with two woman,and when they asked me what do I think about safe driving…well when I answered they should advertise such things on TV instead of these woman’s sanatry towel adverts at tea time…I didn’t think it went down to well haha.

Airedale Chemicals @ Steeton Nr Keighley had an listing on Indeed website t’other day for “relief driver” … driving + yard work etc. I had interview a few yrs ago, but didn’t get a job. Seemed a decent firm … always seem busy … I see their trucks all over … do tankers & IBCs … they artics @ wagon & drag … both as tankers & curtain-siders. Might be worth calling in to their yard / office

Cheers rustler, a mate of mine works there,and I know a couple of lads that used to work there.

CookieMonster:
A mate of mine works for Redway who are subcontracting a lot of work from ICL.
ICL are constantly looking for drivers because they are crap to work for.
The wage looks good on paper, but you have to do a stupid amount of hours for it. If you do days instead of tramping you will have to load or tip on break, otherwise you won’t have time to finish your work.
The planners are worse than useless, but will throw anyone else under the bus to try and cover their own mistakes.
Drivers who have been there a while pick and choose their work, leaving the [zb] for newer drivers or the subbies.
Work gets swapped around or cancelled with no notice, and if you get back at a decent time they will find extra work for you to do.
Oh, and you pay tax on night out money, if and when they pay it, as they have started docking people their night out money if they don’t think the driver has done enough before stopping.
If you want ADR work around Widnes, your best bet is Brenntag. You have to start through an agency (I think it’s still Extra Personnel in Warrington). They pay much better money and are brilliant to work for. I was there for a year, can’t say enough good things about them

Tipping on break? I think dvsa would like to hear about that then

Cracker04:
Cheers rustler, a mate of mine works there,and I know a couple of lads that used to work there.

I think I saw an ad from one of the agencies in Bradford wanting an ADR driver for “Nr Keighly” recently … might have been them as well :slight_smile: