POA / Driving time and WTD

I never considered the possibility of not being paid for POA.
My point is, I have never experienced not being paid for “Excessive” breaks, I can’t imagine any place deducts them.

@stu675

When I was driving I was always paid for all breaks beyond the first 45 minutes, but there have been people on this board who said they never got paid for extra breaks so used POA when they could.

I can quite easily :rofl: Believe me, “the barrel” in this industry goes a lot lower than you might imagine.

One very well known, very large, haulier in the north east deducts an hour for breaks, even if drivers only take 45 mins. Naturally those with a bit of sense take an hour of breaks, you’d be stupid not to.

One other (smaller outfit) books their driver’s onto a day of DCPC during the working week, taking one of their statutory holidays for the day, they initially pay for the DCPC, but claw it back over the year a bit at a time. Andall drivers have to work three hours on a Saturday morning, giving them the absolute bare minimum 45 hours weekly rest. I didn’t as I was agency when I was with them.