Cash Points

Right we all have times where we need to get cash out and we all know it aint always posiable to get to a cash point mach in a truck so where can you get cash without paying the charges while out on the road …

Well I’ll start on my route

M5 MICHAEL WOOD NORTHBOUND ( GO INTO THE GARAGE ON THE FORCOURT) DONT USE THE ONE INSIDE THE MAIN BULDING IT WILL CHARGE YOU .
Also if you use the shop (WH SMITHS) they will do cash back …

A46 jn 9 head towards Evesham… The BP garage on the right has a M&S shop fresh rolls etc and a cash point again free to use…Its a pain as if theres a truck on the pump you cant drive through.

A46 Evesham ring road at the far end is a SOMERFIELDS with GARAGE , CASH POINT OUT SIDE again FREE TO USE They also do cash back in the store there.
Also overnight parking but its busy at night trucks and cars pulling in as its a 24/7 limited parking ( dont think they charge)

A46 Alcester BP garage on the roundabout CASH POINT free again. 24/7

M5 Jn 17 Asda Cribbs Causeway night time drive as if you were going into the store and you will see the cash points by the store in what looks like a brick Sh17 house
They do truck fuel too not sure of what cards they take though and its 24/7 for fuel store is mon to sat and usual sunday opening times
Now dont know how hot they are but there is a sign saying no overnight hgv parking but theres always about 10 parked in the top courner of the car park out of the way.

The cash point at Brampton Hut services (A14/A1 interchange) is free. Also the cash point inside Cambridge services is free.

There was a thread on this subject a while ago, a search should find it. there were loads of posts on it detailing ‘free’ cash machines.

Ah, the eternal struggle to get to your own money without being charged for the privilege. :imp:

A few random ones from me; there’s probably more but it’s late, I’m tired and my memory refuses to function correctly at this moment in time:

The Shell garage (formerly BP) on Greenland Road (A6102) (though some say it’s on Prince of Wales Road; meh, I know it as Greenland Road and so do the Shell website) has a HSBC cashpoint that’s free for debit card withdrawals.

The BP petrol station on Bramall Lane in Sheffield has a free-to-use cashpoint too.

The BP garage on Dewsbury Road in Leeds (Beeston, I believe; not far from Hunslet at the very least) has a free-to-use cashpoint. I THINK it’s an Alliance and Leicester one; you’d think I’d know, having used it extensively in the past. :blush:

I do use others but can’t think where they are now. :neutral_face: I do believe the ones at the eXtra Cambridge Services are free too; I remember vaguely last time I was there that they were free to use, which struck me as unusual as usually you need a loan just to pay the charge for using cashpoints in these places.

Ones that DO charge are the BP petrol station at Bilbrough Top services off the A64 on the outskirts of York and the BP petrol station on Rix Road in Hull.

I tend to pay for almost everything I want/need by debit card but it’s always good to carry at least some cash, I think. Getting to it without paying a charge though is bordering on impossible in some places!

THIS THREAD was one I referred to earlier, I think there has been another longer one but can’t find it.

Clackett lane clockwise, in the building are 2 cashpoints.

Use the Nat-west (left of the 2 machines) and it is free.

Also Sedgemoor s/b has a free one

If this list gets long and informative then I will, with everyones permission (state if not) copy and paste the locations from this thread and the one that coffeeholic referred to into one post and put it in the FAQ forum.
If this, or any other subsequent thread produces more locations then I’ll add to the FAQ forum post.

I’ll try to list each one with FREE to use or PAY to use as well if info given.

Reading services - not free and you have to pay £1.99 to get to your own money :imp:

BP @ Boreham Interchange on the A12 is free

Watford Gap north and southbound. Use the machine at the petrol station, the one inside will charge you, the one at the pumps is free.

Mick.

Semtex:

no it doesn’t :imp: :imp: :imp:

they took it out a couple of months ago :imp: :imp: :imp:

i turned it around.
take everything with me but leave money and cards at home

Denis F:

Semtex:

no it doesn’t :imp: :imp: :imp:

they took it out a couple of months ago :imp: :imp: :imp:

I havn’t been in there a while so thanks for the heads up on that Denis

Tebay services and shell station on London Road, Glasgow, just to the rigth after M74 ends.

orys:
Tebay services and shell station on London Road, Glasgow, just to the rigth after M74 ends.

FREE or PAY for using it :question:

ROG:

orys:

FREE or PAY for using it :question:

Free

Any superstore. Tesco,Asda,Sainsburys…ect etc.

george3:

That’s true. I always head for a supermarket as well if I need cash.

It’s parking though, isn’t it? Take a wagon of any size into a supermarket car park and people look at you as if you’re the devil. I took my humble 12* tonner into an Asda car park the other week; it was quiet and I parked well out of the way of everyone else but of course, I took a number of car spaces up and people gave me some right looks. :neutral_face:

*mistyped 12 as 122. A 122 tonner in an Asda car park; no wonder people were upset! :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: double checks spelling :blush:

I do my weekly shopping in my truck, on route home or abroad. Fkum.

MrPanther:

george3:

That’s true. I always head for a supermarket as well if I need cash.

It’s parking though, isn’t it? Take a wagon of any size into a supermarket car park and people look at you as if you’re the devil. I took my humble 12* tonner into an Asda car park the other week; it was quiet and I parked well out of the way of everyone else but of course, I took a number of car spaces up and people gave me some right looks. :neutral_face:

*mistyped 12 as 122. A 122 tonner in an Asda car park; no wonder people were upset! :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: double checks spelling :blush:

I took my artic into the Enfield tesco carpark on Thursday last week, do you know when reversing, you can actually cover two zebra crossings in their carpark :laughing: :laughing:
I held a lot of traffic up and more pedestrians…It was fun. :smiley: :sunglasses: