Has anybody got a Snooper Truckmate Sat Nav?

I bought a Snooper Syrius S2000 Proline Truckmate a few weeks ago and I’m buggered if I can find how to get the Truckers POI’s to work. Also how do you put MP3’s on it?
It’s a fab sat Nav and worth the money, I think. :unamused:

I think it’s crap and not worth £300. did you put the cd in your computer? Look for a programme called syrus or something. It’s an updater that puts the bridge heights on and stuff.

Only thing I use it for is the Traffic Reports. Waste of bloody money, I should of stuck with my TomTom 720. Don’t you think the maps look stupid? They look like they’re drawn with a fat felt tip pen. It’s just not even close to being as user friendly as TomTom

Steve-o:
I think it’s crap and not worth £300. did you put the cd in your computer? Look for a programme called syrus or something. It’s an updater that puts the bridge heights on and stuff.

Only thing I use it for is the Traffic Reports. Waste of bloody money, I should of stuck with my TomTom 720. Don’t you think the maps look stupid? They look like they’re drawn with a fat felt tip pen. It’s just not even close to being as user friendly as TomTom

Yes I installed the CD, but there was nothing on it apart Bridge Heights and poxy Schools.
I like it and the blue sky looks great. The low bridge and other ‘trucker’ warnings are good but I’ve only played with it. I have not used it properly yet.
I’ve had a TT 520 and couldn’t get on with it so it went on ebay.
I’ve got a Garmin 660 but the internal speaker went a month ago. :imp: :blush:

i,ve got an AA map :laughing:

chaversdad:
i,ve got an AA map :laughing:

What’s one of those? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Does it has a USB plug? :smiling_imp:

lol next you’ll be going on about twin port bananas lol

i have one and i find it very useful still always check the route as its not fully up to date but i heard word from snooper that it will be fully complete by next year

its good for finding places to stop for break and giving you a guide as to how long a journey should be and i have found it good to within a few mins 20 max

DABenji:
lol next you’ll be going on about twin port bananas lol

i have one and i find it very useful still always check the route as its not fully up to date but i heard word from snooper that it will be fully complete by next year

its good for finding places to stop for break and giving you a guide as to how long a journey should be and i have found it good to within a few mins 20 max

That’s the bit I’m having trouble with. All the POI’s are activated but it does not show Truck Stops or anything like that :cry:

i dont have truckstops on mine either thats where my AA truck map and my truckers handbook come into play

DABenji:
i dont have truckstops on mine either thats where my AA truck map and my truckers handbook come into play

OK.
I thought it was meant to have them. I must have read it wrong. :cry: :cry:

as far as i know it doesnt, but if you have a laptop you can get truckstops and bridgeheights for autoroute if you have it

DABenji:
as far as i know it doesnt, but if you have a laptop you can get truckstops and bridgeheights for autoroute if you have it

I have a Laptop but then you lost me. :blush: :blush: :question:

if you get hold of microsoft autoroute, look on google for Bridgex its software for some sat navs and also for autoroute which has bridges and truckstops on it

DABenji:
if you get hold of microsoft autoroute, look on google for Bridgex its software for some sat navs and also for autoroute which has bridges and truckstops on it

I’ll check it out, thanks.
Do you take your Laptop out on the road? How’s the sat work on it? :question: Soz but this is all new to me. :blush: :blush:

DABenji:

I’ve just found this. It looks very good indeed. Is it reliable and the site reputable?

EDIT: I see they take PayPal. I think I may go for it…

MrPanther:

DABenji:

I’ve just found this. It looks very good indeed. Is it reliable and the site reputable?

EDIT: I see they take PayPal. I think I may go for it…

Do you mean this:-
lowbridges.com/description-garmin.htm

Only works with Garmins I think.

dinosteveus1:
Do you mean this:-
lowbridges.com/description-garmin.htm

Only works with Garmins I think.

That’s the chap! I do have a Garmin, as luck would have it! :grimacing:

It does work with other types of sat-nav too; at the bottom of the homepage you can see a list of sat-navs which the correct software is available for. :smiley:

I’ve downloaded and installed the data into my Garmin sat-nav. I’ve fired it up and brought up the map of my local vicinity. The two low bridges near me are highlighted on the screen. Great stuff. :sunglasses:

Thank you to DABenji for the tip. :smiley:

dinosteveus1:
I bought a Snooper Syrius S2000 Proline Truckmate a few weeks ago and I’m buggered if I can find how to get the Truckers POI’s to work. Also how do you put MP3’s on it?

Hi Dino. I thought you just plugged the unit in and away you went(plug and play) Is there something they are not telling prospective customers?

Isn’t the sat nav preloaded with the truck software as in low bridges and weight limits ect or do you have to download these from somewhere else ex snooper.

Or is it just a normal sat nav with a cd, which you have to ■■■■ around with transfering data ect. :unamused: :confused:

chippy:

dinosteveus1:

Hi Dino. I thought you just plugged the unit in and away you went(plug and play) Is there something they are not telling prospective customers?

Isn’t the sat nav preloaded with the truck software as in low bridges and weight limits ect or do you have to download these from somewhere else ex snooper.

Or is it just a normal sat nav with a cd, which you have to ■■■■ around with transfering data ect. :unamused: :confused:

Hi Chippy,
It is ‘plug and play’ like most Sat Nav but the Maps ain’t that up to date, Ransoms Europark just off the A14 Ipswich is not even on it. Makro on there has been there for about 3 years. My Garmin 660 has it.
Anyway, I have gone through all 64 pages on instructions and there is no mention of putting MP3’s on it.
The Truck software (Bridges etc) is on there but you have to register it to activate them. Not really a problem. I have travelled a fair way up the A14 and it did not mention any Truck Stops. The POI’s are just standard like you get on most Sat Navs. I cannot find a way of adding any more.
Would I buy one knowing what I now know, ummmmm, yes I would but I’d not pay over £200.

dinosteveus1:

chippy:

dinosteveus1:

Hi Chippy,

Where do you get it for £200. They do a 600 here shop.instant-shop.com/Snooperdir … 00186.html
It is ‘plug and play’ like most Sat Nav but the Maps ain’t that up to date, Ransoms Europark just off the A14 Ipswich is not even on it. Makro on there has been there for about 3 years. My Garmin 660 has it.
Anyway, I have gone through all 64 pages on instructions and there is no mention of putting MP3’s on it.
The Truck software (Bridges etc) is on there but you have to register it to activate them. Not really a problem. I have travelled a fair way up the A14 and it did not mention any Truck Stops. The POI’s are just standard like you get on most Sat Navs. I cannot find a way of adding any more.
Would I buy one knowing what I now know, ummmmm, yes I would but I’d not pay over £200.

The thing is Dino does it do what it says on the tin?