The TRAINING TIPS have been moved

All the LGV training tips have been moved to HERE :smiley:

Hi ROG
This post is agreat idea to get all your resources into one place, butā€¦
It moves so fast I canā€™t click some of the links. Can you slow it down abit :question:

rog thats making me dizzy

other than that, well done, youve done a sterling job on those tips!

Great work ROG!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All this useful info - now in one handy place - and space for EVEN MORE!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just one more little thing to do - have it made into a STICKY!!! :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley:

If more LGV instructors add their views then it MAY be made into a sticky by the site admin but as most of it is only MY advice then it may not show a true outlook.

If anyone is experiencing difficulties with the speed of the links coming together and then staying in one place, please let me know - on my screen the links stop moving after a few seconds.

someones been busy learning some new codes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stevewoods:
someones been busy learning some new codes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Someone, not too far away, has been teaching me :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

may sound daft but a lot of your tips seem to be c+e specific Rog, could you do similar for the C too? A suggestion, not a criticism :wink:

ROG:
If anyone is experiencing difficulties with the speed of the links coming together and then staying in one place, please let me know - on my screen the links stop moving after a few seconds.

they stop if I use Internet exploder, but as I use Firefox 99% of the time thatā€™s not much use!! With Firefox they move in, disapear and move in again - they donā€™t stop :cry: :cry:

Denis F:

ROG:

they stop if I use Internet exploder, but as I use Firefox 99% of the time thatā€™s not much use!! With Firefox they move in, disapear and move in again - they donā€™t stop :cry: :cry:

Does firefox support HTML codes?

darkseeker:
may sound daft but a lot of your tips seem to be c+e specific Rog, could you do similar for the C too? A suggestion, not a criticism :wink:

The ā€˜PRE LGV TRAINING TIPSā€™ link should cover a lot of what is needed in C & CE but if you have an idea on something more specific then pass it on to me and Iā€™ll see what I can do :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ROG:

yes

You will find that IE explorer and Firefox handle marquees slightly differently :wink:

Apparently Firefox doesnā€™t handle the marquee slide element correctly, so it wonā€™t slide in and stop as it will in IE.

tachograph:

ROG:

Sorry ROG but that really is the strangest question of all time :smiley:

Only asked cos the moving about bars with the links in are using HTML codes and not being computer literate, I have no idea why they would not work on Firefox :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry m8 I couldnā€™t resist.

Every page you see on the Internet is written in HTML, often with other codes as well but the basic code is HTML :wink:

The moving bars are called ā€œmarqueeā€ in HTML code, Iā€™ve just tried the page in IE and theyā€™re not moving but they are in Firefox, but too fast :wink:

When I get time Iā€™ll have a look at the code and see if I can find the problem, Iā€™m no expert but who knows I may get lucky :wink:

tachograph:
Sorry m8 I couldnā€™t resist.

Every page you see on the Internet is written in HTML, often with other codes as well but the basic code is HTML :wink:

The moving bars are called ā€œmarqueeā€ in HTML code, Iā€™ve just tried the page in IE and theyā€™re not moving but they are in Firefox, but too fast :wink:

When I get time Iā€™ll have a look at the code and see if I can find the problem, Iā€™m no expert but who knows I may get lucky :wink:

Thanks mate - I will get rid of the ā€˜marqueeā€™ codes if it is going to cause probs for some membersā€¦
ā€¦ or I could repeat the links as a non-moving bit underneath :question: :question:

ROG it looks as though you wonā€™t be able to get this to work in Firefox the way you want it to.

The HTML code youā€™re trying to use is the ā€œmarqueeā€ with a ā€œbehaviorā€ of ā€œslideā€, itā€™s the ā€œbehaviorā€ that makes it slide in and stop where you want it to be.

Iā€™ve tried this marquee behavior myself in Firefox and couldnā€™t get it to work, so I did some Googling and found that apparently no-one can get it to work in Firefox, instead of stopping the marquee just keeps scrolling.

You can use the behaviors ā€œscrollā€ or ā€œalternateā€ but not ā€œslideā€.

Tanks for the static links ROG. I am one of the Firefox users. Iā€™m still young and my reactions are pretty good, but those marquee links were just too quick for me!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK YOU REQUIRE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: HOW DO I GET A TRUCK LICENCE ? PRE TRAINING TIPS ON TEST SAFETY QUESTIONS
ā€¦ GEARBOX OPERATION ā€¦ ā€¦A simple explanationā€¦ (with pics) And more GEARS - Range changes & Splitters (with pics) DRIVER CPC - The 2 types - A very simple basic overview
VIDEOS FOR DSA TEST REVERSE ON RIGID + W&D + CONTROLLED STOP TIPS TO NOOBS FROM A NOOB LINKS TO TRAINING BLOGS FROM NEWBIES
TIPS FOR THE DSA CE (ARTIC) TEST ARTIC TEST REVERSE ARTIC TEST UN/COUPLE (with pics by dieseldave)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: FOR THOSE THAT REQUIRE STILL LINKS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: HOW DO I GET A TRUCK LICENCE ? PRE TRAINING TIPS ON TEST SAFETY QUESTIONS
ā€¦ GEARBOX OPERATION ā€¦ ā€¦A simple explanationā€¦ (with pics) And more GEARS - Range changes & Splitters (with pics) DRIVER CPC - The 2 types - A very simple basic overview
VIDEOS FOR DSA TEST REVERSE ON RIGID + W&D + CONTROLLED STOP TIPS TO NOOBS FROM A NOOB LINKS TO TRAINING BLOGS FROM NEWBIES
TIPS FOR THE DSA CE (ARTIC) TEST ARTIC TEST REVERSE ARTIC TEST UN/COUPLE (with pics by dieseldave)

I can now see where you have tried to help me and all is now clear - thanks BJ but Iā€™ve managed it on the first post :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Losing the HTML codes is causing me a real headache and a lot of work.

apologies to all those that have their well done posts spoilt but there is too many for me to go into and edit