Stobarts' Drivers threaten Strike Action

Been sent this, as we do the Peterlee to Scotland work……

foodmanufacture.co.uk/Artic … ten-strike

Goldfinger:
Been sent this, as we do the Peterlee to Scotland work……

foodmanufacture.co.uk/Artic … ten-strike

A Transport firm…
Disrespecting drivers?

Ignoring agreements designed to protect driver’s terms and conditions?

Who would have thought it eh? :open_mouth:

Allegedly missed over 300 scheduled deliveries since taking over, allegedly this lead to threats from Morrison’s to PepsiCo that they would pull the products off the shelves due to the scale of the problem.
Allegedly the drivers are now being forced into back loads galore, messed up shift patterns, running out of hours and suddenly shifts that are near max hours, oh and allegedly using Walkers units for Stobarts loads that are thought to be over on the axles due to Walkers units generally not being 6x2.

All allegedly of course…I’m sure they haven’t just engulfed the walkers fleet to shore up other contracts, I’m sure they have respected the nice terms the walkers lads were on and I’m sure they wouldn’t slip a full load onto the back of a walkers unit, they are the kings of the road, the shining knights of the industry.
I’m sure the lad I know who’s on for them at Birchwood was making it up, and weirdly therefore so must the lad I know who’s on for Wincanton and heard the same when he took a load of sugar into the factory at Skem…

No drama, didn’t someone say they were paying a £125 bonus cause they couldn’t get drivers? If so plenty of agency drivers could be on to a decent wage to cover any loads that need to go regardless,having said that I can’t see there picket line being overly busy!

Stobarts is cancer of the haulage industry and needs to disappear up its own ar$e

Not the dreaded “Sodar to Sodall” run? :confused:

“Unite has made numerous requests to Stobart management to come to the table to discuss our members’ concerns,” ​said ​Unite regional officer Steven Gerrard.

I didn’t realise he’d lost the Rangers job and was now a Union Rep! :slight_smile:

Norfolkinclue1:
Allegedly missed over 300 scheduled deliveries since taking over, allegedly this lead to threats from Morrison’s to PepsiCo that they would pull the products off the shelves due to the scale of the problem.
Allegedly the drivers are now being forced into back loads galore, messed up shift patterns, running out of hours and suddenly shifts that are near max hours, oh and allegedly using Walkers units for Stobarts loads that are thought to be over on the axles due to Walkers units generally not being 6x2.

All allegedly of course…I’m sure they haven’t just engulfed the walkers fleet to shore up other contracts, I’m sure they have respected the nice terms the walkers lads were on and I’m sure they wouldn’t slip a full load onto the back of a walkers unit, they are the kings of the road, the shining knights of the industry.
I’m sure the lad I know who’s on for them at Birchwood was making it up, and weirdly therefore so must the lad I know who’s on for Wincanton and heard the same when he took a load of sugar into the factory at Skem…

Only a short while after I heard the news of Stobarts taking over Walkers, I saw one of their units & trailers being backloaded at an Amazon site in Manchester.

I actually reckon the suits at Stobarts take pleasure in wading in and upsetting the apple cart for drivers in genuine good jobs with good pay & conditions. They TUPE drivers over and then it’s just waiting game for them until the blokes with a spine jack and leave and they can standardise their own comparably lousy conditions.

Norfolkinclue1:

*Allegedly, yes to the missed deliveries…

This happened to me on Thursday out of Peterlee… Had a Dumfries and a Grangemouth run. Got the Dumfries run on, but the Grangemouth stuff didn’t arrive! The driver brought the ‘wrong trailer’ that didn’t have my ‘needed’ Grangemouth stuff on. :unamused:

Luckily they had 4 other pallets for Grangemouth sitting there to go on another trailer, so stuck them on me…

4 pallets for Dumfries, 5 for Grangemouth…

Basically a jolly jaunt in the country for me… :laughing: