Dangerous Drivers

Over the last few weeks I have encountered 2 Artics, suppose to be in lane 1 (Inside lane) weaving across Hard shoulder / middle lane. Funny enough were both on M1 south bound not that I think this is significant. Needless to say I gave them a wide birth when over taking them.

One was European registered and one was UK registered.

Unaware whether they were Tired, Drunk or Stoned but presented a danger to other road users.

I know this is not an uncommon occurrence as I have spoke with quite a few other drivers who have witnessed this.

After the last one I began to think whether I should have taken some action and if I did want too, how / what could I do ?

Be interested too know others thoughts on this ?

Plenty of tired drivers weaving around the roads that I see. Foreigners, Local artics - makes no difference.
I usually give 'em a toot If I’m coming up behind. The way their steering snaps straight back on track suggest that indeed it is tiredness more often than not.

Late Afternoon/Early Evening seems to be when I notice it the least, especially Sundays.
Morning Rush Hour - the worst, especially Fridays.

Don’t confuse “tired” with the style that Tippers/TNT/Containers seem to drive like though. That’s more about Job ‘n’ Knock culture being taken to extremes. The only two speeds these vehicles seem to know how to do is 56 and 0. These are the ones I’ll give a wide berth to, what with their elephant racing overtakes, weaving around the lanes, and overtaking on roundabouts. :unamused: :imp:

I see this quite a lot. I once had to do an early morning run from London to Cardiff and back and the driver appeared to be half asleep and kept swerving into the hard shoulder. On another occasion I was working for an Ikea contractor as a driver’s mate to a driver who was stoned. Couldn’t keep the vehicle in a straight line. Very frightening and I never worked there again.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Tired
Busy reading notes
Texting
Updating Facebook
Movies
Making a brew
Lighting up

Winseer:
Plenty of tired drivers weaving around the roads that I see. Foreigners, Local artics - makes no difference.
I usually give 'em a toot If I’m coming up behind. The way their steering snaps straight back on track suggest that indeed it is tiredness more often than not.

Late Afternoon/Early Evening seems to be when I notice it the least, especially Sundays.

Don’t confuse “tired” with the style that Tippers/TNT/Containers seem to drive like though. That’s more about Job ‘n’ Knock culture being taken to extremes. The only two speeds these vehicles seem to know how to do is 56 and 0. These are the ones I’ll give a wide berth to, what with their elephant racing overtakes, weaving around the lanes, and overtaking on roundabouts. :unamused: :imp:

lol

I was passed by a foreign driver a couple of weeks ago.He was watching a dvd on his laptop. After he passed me he swerved into and out of the hard shoulder at least 3 times before I phoned the police.
Another guy decided he should go over a roundabout at 50mph and then blame me cause he didn’t bother looking further then the end of his nose

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What number did you call ?

999 or something else ?

Trucknet the forum that’s keeps on giving :laughing: :laughing:

In other news, the sky is blue

tango boy:

Winseer:

lol

as a container jocky, i find that kind of commit very distasteful,take it back :open_mouth:

Jobba:

999 or something else ?

I think he called ghostbusters :unamused:

billdor1967:
I was passed by a foreign driver a couple of weeks ago.He was watching a dvd on his laptop. After he passed me he swerved into and out of the hard shoulder at least 3 times before I phoned the police.
Another guy decided he should go over a roundabout at 50mph and then blame me cause he didn’t bother looking further then the end of his nose

Edge of the seat stuff.

A.

tango boy:

Jobba:

999 or something else ?

I think he called ghostbusters :unamused:

or 112 and veered into the hard shoulder while dialling it

malcolmgbell:

tango boy:

Winseer:

lol

as a container jocky, i find that kind of commit very distasteful,take it back :open_mouth:

As a human being, I find your spelling an insult.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

happysack:

malcolmgbell:

tango boy:

Winseer:

lol

As a human being, I find your spelling an insult.

whot pruf do u have that your a human being,

Hello caller, how can I help?

Well, I have just seen numerous examples of less than perfect driving, and I would like to report it to you.

Are you a police officer caller?

No…I just do it for free because Scrabble club and Neighbourhood watch meetings just don’t cut it anymore. In fact I no longer ■■■■■■■■■■ either.

I`ve noticed them too…although i do it myself sometimes…especially whilst cooking on the move…its a nuisance having to stir the camion stew , let alone using the can opener on the move as well to add to the stew.

billdor1967:

999 useing voice control on my sat nav…professional driver[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Jobba:

999 or something else ?

truckyboy:
I`ve noticed them too…although i do it myself sometimes…especially whilst cooking on the move…its a nuisance having to stir the camion stew , let alone using the can opener on the move as well to add to the stew.

+1
same for me…my main complaint is that when they attract my attention ive been distracted enough to lose the plot of whatever film ive been watching and need to rewind the thing to where i left off…its not the 1st time its made me spill my coffee whilst doing so.and its maners to sit in lane 2 whilst watching ■■■■ so whoever your running with can use lane 1 and 3 to have a peek at the same time…its hard enough microwaving your tea on the move without having to bother about these hooligans. :slight_smile:

Jobba:

999 or something else ?

Ghostbusters. You’d need a Ouija Board to get in touch with the driver who’s just gone over a roundabout at 50mph. :stuck_out_tongue: