Another bloody bridge jumper

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-11450619
thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/8 … nt/?ref=mr

I know this subject has been done before but plod really need to get a grip with these pricks. 90 minutes my arse, over 3 hours my mate was trapped for along with hundreds of others. Took me 90 minutes just to get through Marlborough on the diversion. God knows how many days were ruined because of this ■■■■■■. I’m not just talking about the trivial but what about the poor sod who needed the ambulance that was struggling to get through the gridlocked Marlborough?

And ‘Welfare Fear’■■? WTF kind of speak is that? There are too many touchy feely bleeding hearts in this countrys top jobs afraid of offending anyone. Tell it like it is. And a 4 hour closure■■? FFS. 10mins for a rolling road block while they grab the prick. If he falls so [zb]ing what? That’s the rubber room freed up for another loon. I cannot stand these selfish selfish people.

shouldn’t bother applying for a job at Samaritans with an attitude like that.

The story says that the man was detained under the mental health act so it is reasonable to assume that he is sick and as such is not responsible for his actions.

There but for the grace of God…etc.

They really need to start shooting these [ZB]ing people. Warning shot, 1 minute pause then kill shot. They get what they wanted, dead, and people can get on with their day. i don’t see a problem with this, it’s a win, win situation for everyone.

Would have been better for anyone if the person who spotted the [zb] had just given him a shove instead of dialling 999.

del949:
shouldn’t bother applying for a job at Samaritans with an attitude like that…

An attitude shared by thousands of others though!! :wink:

del949:
The story says that the man was detained under the mental health act so it is reasonable to assume that he is sick and as such is not responsible for his actions…

And thus now becomes the “responsibility” of the taxpayer…probably indefinatly !

Now Now Dai. :unamused: :unamused: What happened to that generosity of spirit ,that the people of Wales are renowned for? You,ll be suggesting that they should be shot, by one of our trigger happy plod next. I,m no bleeding heart Liberal. If it was down to me Hanging would still be on the statute book. But where sick people-- either physically or mentally-- are concerned-“there but for the grace of God…” is what I always try to keep uppermost in my mind when such things occur. You,ll be back home now, watching the golf. :wink: :wink: The delay just a distant memory. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Del has got it spot on.

What about the poor sick person in Marlborough who needed the ambulance? Doesn’t he count?

DaiDap:
M4 in Berkshire reopens after 'welfare fear' closure - BBC News
thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/8 … nt/?ref=mr

I know this subject has been done before but plod really need to get a grip with these pricks. 90 minutes my arse, over 3 hours my mate was trapped for along with hundreds of others. Took me 90 minutes just to get through Marlborough on the diversion. God knows how many days were ruined because of this ■■■■■■. I’m not just talking about the trivial but what about the poor sod who needed the ambulance that was struggling to get through the gridlocked Marlborough?

And ‘Welfare Fear’■■? WTF kind of speak is that? There are too many touchy feely bleeding hearts in this countrys top jobs afraid of offending anyone. Tell it like it is. And a 4 hour closure■■? FFS. 10mins for a rolling road block while they grab the prick. If he falls so [zb]ing what? That’s the rubber room freed up for another loon. I cannot stand these selfish selfish people.

Unfortunately mate we live in a country, probably the only one in the world where it’s ruled by the minority and not the majority.

I also agree with coffee, one warning shot then shoot the prick. Or the slightly more humane way of doing it, get some of those big inflateables and push him off.

You wanna kill yourself then I do have sympathy for you but ffs don’t ruin everyone elses day. Never heard of whiskey and sleeping tablets? These people that climb on bridges don’t want to kill themselves they are attention seekers plain and simple.

Just show `em the clip from Lethal Weapon and then say after 3!

is time these jumpers started using online forums where these types meet others… like the ones in the car.
they may still cause delays at the bridge, but at least if they are 2 of them its 50% less congestion… :open_mouth:

I watched a guy jump off the Humber Bridge onto the A63 on Monday. Not nice.

Lucy:

why didnt you look away?..

This probably applies even more in that case. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZEEgIti8sM

dazaster:

Lucy:

I did when he actually jumped. But then they let the trapped traffic go so we all had to weave around the various bits of mess that were what was left of him. :frowning:

Lucy:

dazaster:

Lucy:

I did when he actually jumped. But then they let the trapped traffic go so we all had to weave around the various bits of mess that were what was left of him. :frowning:

Incosiderate zb he could have at least jumped into the river.

Funnily enough that’s exactly what we all said when I was discussing the reason I was late with the customer I was trying to deliver to!!! :neutral_face:

Lucy:
Funnily enough that’s exactly what we all said when I was discussing the reason I was late with the customer I was trying to deliver to!!! :neutral_face:

At least he had the decency to jump so minimising the delay for everyone.

It’s all well and good pandering to these inconsiderate ■■■■■■■■■ who are about to jump. But what about the person whose vehicle they hit on the way down? :imp:

Some of you may remember the last one who jumped on the M62 near the Praire a little while ago. Well that ■■■■■■ just happened to jump at the time someone I knew was driving underneath, and who has posted on here, albeit only a couple of times. The result is what you can imagine, but the guy driving happened to be ex forces, so has probably seen his fair share of dead people, but nevertheless it could have been someone who was not hardened to this type of thing.

It’s all well and good doing yourself in for whatever reason, but at least do it where you don’t affect others.

Ken.

Coffeeholic:

Lucy:

At least he had the decency to jump so minimising the delay for everyone.

There is that, I guess.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i just feel sad that someone has got to point in their life what they feel that is the better option.

R I P bridge jumper. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

jessicas dad:
:? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i just feel sad that someone has got to point in their life what they feel that is the better option.

R I P bridge jumper. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

I can empathise with that mate, until it happens, it is easier to shout jump!