Accident hgv 2 dead

But what happened to the company…it really makes me mad ,did the managing director end up in court …! No the swine . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-corn … ow_twitter

maestegboy:
But what happened to the company…it really makes me mad ,did the managing director end up in court …! No the swine . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Could be he was the Director ie,Owner Operator

I’m sure the company will be being investigated if there was evidence of drivers hours violations and falsifying records. Their time will come.

But what I found strange was the fact he was involved in another accident 11 weeks after the fatal one. I don’t think there is any law to stop him driving while he was on bail, but I don’t know how anyone could continue to do so after killing 2 people. I would struggle to make a cup of tea never mind drive a vehicle with that weighing on my mind. He must have no conscience.

maestegboy:

the managing director was not driving so why should he be in court

mac12:

maestegboy:

If the record breaking was ongoing over a time then the buck stops with the management for failing to sort it out or dismiss the driver

ROG:

mac12:

maestegboy:

If the record breaking was ongoing over a time then the buck stops with the management for failing to sort it out or dismiss the driver

True but that would be a different court, not with the driver

maestegboy:

He was the one behind the wheel, he caused the deaths. The company will get hosed if they are found to be encouraging running bent but they did not kill those cyclists, the driver did.

They should throw away the key and leave him to rot. While on bail he did the same again and drove into the back of a truck hard enough to put it on it’s side.

He kills two cyclists, and then lies and falsifies records to try and get out of it. The fact he as another accident within 10 week on the same stretch whilst out on bail is unbelievable.

7 1/2 years for one cyclist…
7 1/2 years for second cyclist…
1 year for second accident…
Total = 16 years…

Time inside = 3 years 8 months…

■■?

From what I gather he was working as a fitter in the day and driving at night for the same firm. Unless there was a conspiracy lower down to keep senior management unaware this was going on I struggle to see how they will not be looking at custodial sentences also.

VOSA will investigate all records for all drivers going back years so it may take a while to come to court.

There is someone on the owners forum that is running a courier van business at weekends and truck driving all week. In fairness to employers it is not really possible to ensure drivers are not working elsewhere when they should be resting.

I do not really have any time for the bloke but I must confess reading about it the thought did run through my mind that you have two wealthy hedge fund managers enjoying a bike ride for charity that get mown down by someone on a low income working two jobs that falls asleep at the wheel.

shirts:
Total = 16 years…

■■?

run concurrently meaning serves all 3 sentences at the same time

I just watched this on the local news. The unit was a Magnum but it was plane white with no signage.
Could it have been his own truck? Or not necessarily?
I was also surprised to hear that he was allowed to keep driving after his first fatal only to run up the arse of another truck a couple of months or so latter.
How would it have looked if he killed another innocent in the second accident?
This countrys judicial system is beyond a bloody joke.

Radar19:

maestegboy:

He was the one behind the wheel, he caused the deaths. The company will get hosed if they are found to be encouraging running bent but they did not kill those cyclists, the driver did.

agree 100 per cent,he should have known better than to drive in that situation,if he was put under pressure to drive long hours then he should have used common sense and told them to shove the job and then report them

shirts:
Total = 16 years…

■■?

Jeez, i wonder what the families who have suffered such tragic losses think of this?

To track your movements of what time and where you were,the Pokice use your paper trail.
Using the bank cards to pay for a coffee or fuel.
Cctv in fuel stations and cafes.
Witness statements and so on.
This was how Boyles transport directors got jail.
Drivers doing 21 hours work with no rest.Mobile phone records.Using your lap top.

Own Account Driver:
From what I gather he was working as a fitter in the day and driving at night for the same firm. Unless there was a conspiracy lower down to keep senior management unaware this was going on I struggle to see how they will not be looking at custodial sentences also.

VOSA will investigate all records for all drivers going back years so it may take a while to come to court.

There is someone on the owners forum that is running a courier van business at weekends and truck driving all week. In fairness to employers it is not really possible to ensure drivers are not working elsewhere when they should be resting.

I do not really have any time for the bloke but I must confess reading about it the thought did run through my mind that you have two wealthy hedge fund managers enjoying a bike ride for charity that get mown down by someone on a low income working two jobs that falls asleep at the wheel.

WTF has the VICTIMS bank balance, and social status got to do with them being mown down by an idiot who should have known better than to keep driving when he was exhausted? I hope the families of the dead don’t read this thread,they have enough to cope with.

Own Account Driver:

I don’t think it was the same firm

Denis F:

Own Account Driver:

According to this article, Lidl delivery driver who killed two Land's End-John O'Groats charity cyclists after falling asleep at the wheel is jailed for eight years  | Daily Mail Online it seems it was the same company.

damoq:

Denis F:

Own Account Driver:

According to this article, Lidl delivery driver who killed two Land's End-John O'Groats charity cyclists after falling asleep at the wheel is jailed for eight years  | Daily Mail Online it seems it was the same company.

Don’t believe everything you read in the daily mail :wink: