Any Co op Drivers

Anyone know the driver who delivers to the co-op on Dean road, Rhosnesni in Wrexham, He delivered their some time last week, thur or fri, if so he is very hot :slight_smile:

Jeremy Kyle thread revival! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hahaha

Happydaze:
Jeremy Kyle thread revival! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aye but let us not stand in the way of true love.

Is Roo a lass or a geezer I wonder?

roo123:
hahaha

Sorry, I couldn’t resist it! :laughing: :laughing:

I do the odd days for Portbury Depot.

The only negative comment I would have is the wagons are old & tired (Volvo FM 05 plates) but havent broken down in one yet!!! They are due to be replaced when the Avonmouth RDC opens up in 2013.

Other than that, the team in the Transport Office, Admin Office & Shunters have been all fine with me - Treat others as you would have them treat you.

roo123:
Anyone know the driver who delivers to the co-op on Dean road, Rhosnesni in Wrexham, He delivered their some time last week, thur or fri, if so he is very hot :slight_smile:

If you’re a fit burd thats my usual delivery doll :wink: , but if you’re a fella then a member on here called limeyphil was covering me last week :laughing:

might have been me at dean road last week…oh sorry made redundant 18 months ago…at least the cages dont have to be dragged around the back anymore…lol

Well treated at the co op shame there not taking on perm drivers at there bran new dc at newhouse but useing 100+ agency bods a day, everyday instead, keeping wages down and drivers on there toes.

Hi, Any CO OP Driver’s out there. And what’s the job like. Somerfield is now owned by The Co op just wondered what it;s like. We work for Wincanton at Lea Green St,Helens. We have just heard we will be getting 90 stores here?
Thanks! :neutral_face:

That is a lot of overloaded rollcages for you then! :smiley:

I’ve done a lot of agency work for the co-op on the chilled and frozen side out of Southampton. The things I found about the job are

Positive’s
Easy day really (compared to what you might get doing multidrop on the agency)
No chasing of you if you are running late
Always ask if you would mind doing a third run, never demand it
No self loading at base
Most drivers will help you out if you ask them

Negatives
Every single co-op is built on a hill
The loading area where you park will 9 out of 10 times be at the bottom of the hill
If it’s at the top of the hill you will have 6 heavy cages to take down hill
Keep an eye on the loaders as they will load your drops in the wrong order
Wagons are tired and gearboxes a little bit ‘crunchy’
Most drops are ignorant and won’t help you drag the cages in, they’ll just watch you do it.
If you have to block a road it will be as quiet as the dead of night until you turn the ignition off then it will become spaghetti junction on a Friday
A few drivers will just ignore you and hope you mess up.
You will get numerous complaints about the noise your fridge is making
A lot of the drops the reversing is blindside and very tight, just stop when you hear a crunch or scrape!
You get bollocked for taking rubbish back on the empties
A lot of tip and turn drops (drop load off, they unload cages, you take empties back)
All cages will be loaded with light on the bottom and heavy on the top, not much good when you have to wheelie them up a step.

Apparently the wages aint too bad but you know you have done a days work when finished.

Also the co up here seem to have massively long 3 axle ridgids, or they used to anyway. Scanny 94d’s with the back axle locked in the down position at all times. Fun and games :smiley:

Lee G:

As an agency driver,I wouldn’t personally have a problem with that.£££££££

Not in Ossett.Ours is a large store with it’s own car park,although the Somerfield over the road could be for the chop,and that has been there for years.Before that it was a Kwik Save.

At the new Birtley/Chester-le-Street RDC,99% of the fleet is on 09 plates,although the ones that are going/have gone did look like they’d seen better days.

Surely though if Lea Green is getting 90 stores,then they must be going to lose some as part of the geographic shift?

Ken.

Quinny:

Lee G:

Quinny:

Lee G:
As an agency driver,I wouldn’t personally have a problem with that.£££££££

Maybe that’s why I put that under the positives? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Lee G:
I’ve done a lot of agency work for the co-op on the chilled and frozen side out of Southampton. The things I found about the job are

Positive’s
Easy day really (compared to what you might get doing multidrop on the agency)
No chasing of you if you are running late
No self loading at base
Most drivers will help you out if you ask them

Negatives
The loading area where you park will 9 out of 10 times be at the bottom of the hill
If it’s at the top of the hill you will have 6 heavy cages to take down hill
Keep an eye on the loaders as they will load your drops in the wrong order
Most drops are ignorant and won’t help you drag the cages in, they’ll just watch you do it.
If you have to block a road it will be as quiet as the dead of night until you turn the ignition off then it will become spaghetti junction on a Friday
A few drivers will just ignore you and hope you mess up.
You will get numerous complaints about the noise your fridge is making
A lot of the drops the reversing is blindside and very tight, just stop when you hear a crunch or scrape!
You get bollocked for taking rubbish back on the empties
A lot of tip and turn drops (drop load off, they unload cages, you take empties back)
All cages will be loaded with light on the bottom and heavy on the top, not much good when you have to wheelie them up a step.

Apparently the wages aint too bad but you know you have done a days work when finished.

How true this is, guess it would be too much to ask for them to get a drivers opinion when they are planning a new store. :astonished:

you get paid in green stamps which can spend in store.

limeyphil:

Blimey!!! How old are you? :laughing:

The Divi goes back a bit.

Ken.

limeyphil:

Bloody hell fire, there’s a blast from the past! :astonished:

These things? I remember these…

:grimacing:

if your getting 90 shops thats most of the eccelshall drops id think, and a large number from talke.
but just hope the transport manager from eccelshall doesnt move up aswell… hers like a bear with a sore head… esp after man utd lose… :laughing:
not sure if many staff will move up to lea green thou as the payoffs are very good, and most the lads i spoke to said they rather have the money and leave.