Good or recomended agency list area by area

i have been on here a while now, reading and taking in bits of advice and recommendations, dont know if this has been suggested but i personally think it would help new drivers. just passing and then going out looking for work can be very scary for some people especially when you have not worked for an employer for a long time, for instance in my case i have been a full-time carer of my disabled son for 16 years, other people have their own reasons for not being able to work.

i personally find agencys a daunting prospect ie who do you trust, who sticks to the experience rule etc.

so what about a agency recomendation list area to area similar to the trainers list where people on here who regularly use agencys and have had good experiences with them can recomend agencies based on location, trust, and experience needed etc maybe even if they supply any of the big companies etc

what do you guys think?

Oakwood Staff Solutions, Bristol.
Tel: 0845 625 9663. Ask for Kerry.

Labour 24/7 Whitefield, Manchester. Tel. 0161 766 4420

Quite a few day to day jobs and no B/s.

I am with lab 24/7, they aint bad but I am struggling to get class 2 out of them at the moment… prompt payers though!!!

Contract Personnel
1&2 Saints Court,
All Saints Green,
Norwich,
Norfolk
NR1 3LP
Tel: 01603 764044

Fair. Honest. Regular work. Reasonable rates.

Yep

All agencies are lying cheating barstewards and never ever trust them as they will swear black is white and shaft you without question or conscience…

Always get the rate in writing (text or email)

Especially if they offer extra to dig them out of the ■■■■■■

Don’t expect them to get you any work - especially if they tell you they are snowed under with contracts…

Finally…don’t believe a word they say… :wink: :wink: :wink:

I wouldn’t recommend any. That’s just from personal experience.

Driver Hire Taunton.

Took me on with zero experience. 7.5t day 1. 26t day 2. Mix of work thereafter.

Great guy that runs it.

Have had a mix of results from other local ones. Mostly all demanding 2 years exp before they will put me on the books.

Bailey Employment Services in Melksham,ask for Geoff Long,decent bloke,they have a milk tank contract loading out of Ashby to Ireland,the agency owner has a helicopter.
Office in Yorkshire too.Never had a problem with them.

thanks guys

lets keep this list growing it can only help.

to people who dont like agencies… your entitled to your opinion and thats fine , but there are people who have used some agencies and been happy, can you honestly say you have experienced every single agency in the country… i dont think so.

so please keep this thread for what it is for, which is recommended agencies. :wink:

HAYS Recruitment Agency, Glasgow.

They’re mostly a labouring work agency but they are who I got my first drive through, was only supposed to last a week and that was back in March and I’m still there… :slight_smile:

one that is good for me at the moment is 1four1 recruitment in Crawley, West Sussex. Downside is you have to go self employed but that means im able to do casual work for a couple of other firms that don’t use agencies.
Best Connection in Crawley also seems to get positive replies from people who work for them.

charliebear:
Best Connection in Crawley also seems to get positive replies from people who work for them.

Best Connection in Taunton thought I was only good enough for recycling work. Alright for some I guess but not my cup of tea.

dar1976:

charliebear:

Best Connection in Taunton thought I was only good enough for recycling work. Alright for some I guess but not my cup of tea.

They seem to have a lot of that kind of work around here.

charliebear:
one that is good for me at the moment is 1four1 recruitment in Crawley, West Sussex. Downside is you have to go self employed but that means im able to do casual work for a couple of other firms that don’t use agencies.

thats a good point actually maybe if people could state whether they are aware if the agency accept paye/ s.e. or ltd co, as well as area they cover,

Another OK-ish agency in Sussex is Tailor Made Recruitment. PAYE, like all of the other agencies i’ve mentioned with the exception of 1four1.

RD and perhaps even Target in Falkirk. Plenty work with both, never, ever been screwed over.

anybody know a good one around the sheffield area? waiting for my licence to come back thought i would ask so am ready :slight_smile:

Abacus Recruitment Newbury speak to Angie

Andover Office speak to Claire

i’d recommend manpower in dudley, i have also heard some good things from chaps working for adr network in brum but I havent worked for them yet since i’m pretty much ■■■■■■■ with manpower.