90 hour fortnight

the other day i got as far as 2miles away from my yard with 90 hours up.was i wrong telling the boss i am not going any further and he had to come and get me he was very p****ds off put i said i was just keeping to the law.if i had like beer’ wine’ ■■■■ i might of gone back to the yard.

harv:
the other day i got as far as 2miles away from my yard with 90 hours up.was i wrong telling the boss i am not going any further and he had to come and get me he was very p****ds off put i said i was just keeping to the law.if i had like beer’ wine’ ■■■■ i might of gone back to the yard.

edited because I misunderstood the post :blush:

I think you did the right thing.

Repeat post :unamused:

It is your licence at the end of the day.

personally, i would have driven back to the yard and written an explanation on the back of the tacho (digi printout if on digitach)

I would have done the other 2 miles and done a manual entry explaining the siuation - VOSA would not do anything unless it was done on a regular basis

For the sake of 2 miles I wouldve made it back put on print out out of hrs stuck in traffic or something

even if you where an hour away just right an explaination on your print out or card, vosa don’t mind the odd ■■■■ up so long as you know you did it by writing the reason they ain’t going to do you. i have been over a few times never had a problem so long as you write it down :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Doesn’t everyone see that if the 90 hour limit were removed as some suggest they’d like to see, the work would become;
"139 hours? - No problem, you get back when you get back". Moaning? - Time’s are 'ard pal, and there’s plenty of others prepared to do it for less than the £6.50 you’re getting!" :x

shuttlespanker:
personally, i would have driven back to the yard and written an explanation on the back of the tacho (digi printout if on digitach)

This!

I think you did the right thing, if you happly ran over by 5mins minutes this time, the next time you’ll be expected to hook it up on the wire.

I would have driven back to the yard and written an explanatory note on the printout or card mentioning the 26 pallets of single malt whisky or cigarettes I had on board.

The alternative was to give the boss plenty of notice, or call the fitter out for a suspected blown bulb and drive the fitters car back

Saaamon:
I think you did the right thing, if you happly ran over by 5mins minutes this time, the next time you’ll be expected to hook it up on the wire.

thats a load of crap, we are talking about 5 to 10 mins drive, if your boss wants you to hook a wire up they ain’t worth working for :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools” :smiley:

I would have driven back and done a print-out saying I had exceeded my fortnightly driving time by 5 minutes in order to reach the yard. As has been said, if this isn’t a regular occurrence then VOSA aren’t going to have a problem with it.

2 miles, seriously?

2 miles = 5 mins or so? On a 90 hr drive fortnight, no doubt on an older style digi tacho that’s stole god knows how many minutes over the 2 weeks?

Yes mate, you were wrong.

I’m not even sure if you’d need to do a printout for that amount, but if you felt like it, just put “not parking up for 45hrs within 2 miles of the base” or some such crap, you’d never hear anything about it :unamused:

Winseer:
Doesn’t everyone see that if the 90 hour limit were removed as some suggest they’d like to see, the work would become;
"139 hours? - No problem, you get back when you get back". Moaning? - Time’s are 'ard pal, and there’s plenty of others prepared to do it for less than the £6.50 you’re getting!" :x

How are you going to do 139 hours in a fortnight if you can only do a max of 56 hours a week, the fortnightly limit is unnecessary.

As for stopping out 2 miles away from base, crazy.

muckles:

Winseer:

How are you going to do 139 hours in a fortnight if you can only do a max of 56 hours a week, the fortnightly limit is unnecessary.

As for stopping out 2 miles away from base, crazy.

I’ve known a driver do worse. We used to keep our trucks (remote base) at Containerbase in Trafford Park, a driver ran over his 15hrs in Freightliner Trafford Park, so he drove to The Village and parked up for the night :open_mouth:

Some drivers will do anything for £20 :unamused:

harv:
The other day I got 2miles away from my yard with 90 hours up.

Was I wrong telling the boss I am not going any further ?

Some time ago I had a meeting with VOSA about this situation. VOSA advised me that they “Would not generally penalise a driver who over-runs by 20 minutes or so when arriving at his home base, provided that over-running was not a regular practise. Our advice to drivers is always the same - please exercise common sense at all times, do not drive when over-tired and do not forget to endorse the printout or tachochart about any over-run.”

Personally I couldn’t care less what VOSA say, I wouldn’t want an unnecessary infringement on my card which can be seen everywhere I work, though to be fare if you’re working for the same employer permanently I suppose that’s not really an issue.