Volvo fh 480 i-shift

Hello just curious to hear what average fuel consumption people on here get out of one of these on general haulage work with 95% motorway running as been on one a lot recently and according to dash it only averages 8.2mpg which i would have considered rather low (it is an o8 plate and has done 550,000 km’s)
simon

i got an 08 plate similar mileage is 4.1 wheelbase 6x2 with 1100 ltr tanks

its averaging in the 9.s all the time lowest if heavy 9.1 ish but would say
average overall around 9.8

If doing germany light can be up around 13.5 mpg

gettin-on:

[/quote]
and what sort of figures are you getting when you have a trailer on■■? :wink: :unamused: :cry:

gettin-on:

Never been to Germany in a truck, do they push you there? Or was the wind behind you all the way?

As above says. I got 7.5 mpg today and thought I was a great boy. Are people measuring the tank from fill to fill like they should or just getting out on the open road knocking the cc back to 80/85 ks and resetting the trip computer :question:
I had a 460 fh and it did a constant 6.5 mpg. I wouldn’t get the above if I was on the bounce. :cry:

gettin-on:

the ones we had when innovate owned us were doing 11 mpg,or that what it said on board they put up with all the drivers mpg figures,obviously as it was chilled 99% of the time you were running light,probally very light as you ran round empty alot,im pretty sure,but not 100 % positive that was the figure the company wanted you to achieve,11 mpg,think they had cutouts on them if they were left idling for more than 3 mins.
i also rember alot of drivers saying when stobarts took over that the 420 scanias we were then given[sent volvoes back] were only averaging 9 mpg unlike the volvoes 11 mpg,but that was going off scania on board computer,not sure how accurate scania ones are

its also something that doesnt seem fair putting drivers mpg up on a board for all too see,but it doesnt half make all the drivers try that much harder to get a good[best] mpg even though they deny it,and claim they couldnt care less :wink:

ady1:

gettin-on:

the ones we had when innovate owned us were doing 11 mpg,or that what it said on board they put up with all the drivers mpg figures,obviously as it was chilled 99% of the time you were running light,probally very light as you ran round empty alot,im pretty sure,but not 100 % positive that was the figure the company wanted you to achieve,11 mpg,think they had cutouts on them if they were left idling for more than 3 mins.
i also rember alot of drivers saying when stobarts took over that the 420 scanias we were then given[sent volvoes back] were only averaging 9 mpg unlike the volvoes 11 mpg,but that was going off scania on board computer,not sure how accurate scania ones are

a scania 420 will do far more mpg than a volvo, i myself run a 460 fh and have done for years and i would say volvo are heavy on the fuel full stop
round these parts the 480 and 520’s are known to be on the heavy side in regards fuel, having said that i like them but i dont kid myself that they are the best on derv!
innovate were famous for being unable to use a calculator!!!

No reason to lie

But did say light and via nl to hamburg with max 4 ton in trl

Know couple firms getting similar figures

Same run 480 scania 500 magnum similar figures
Worked out old fashioned way aswell

480 scania running heavy 8.5 ish running light well over 12
And slightly better than volvo but overall the volvo coming out better

Mate got 460 actros and overall better again

And im the one paying fuel bill so not driver talk over

Had one on containers working mostly London, all 44t. That did between 6.8 and 7.4. With a tautliner on journey work around 30-40t was getting 8.2-8.6 with an ex innovate 06. That was euro 3 and the other was euro 5. Think the euro 3 was better on fuel full stop. And no ad blue cost :smiley:

I am very surprised at reading all your results as so many people had been praising the volvos as great on fuel but they don’t come close to my 54 plate 2005 xf 480 superspace (remapped) which is consistently returning 9mpg on fully freighted fridge traffic loaded 75% off the time doing similar motorway work
simon

just had a fh 12 460, tautliner on spubs so proper load, empty boxes back. computor say 7.1 but old fastion way 6.8.
got an old fh 12 380, had a remap and now doing between .8 and 1 mpg than before, now about 8.2 mpg average.
got fm 13 400 had remap but not on road yet.
had a v8 scania, never wanted to know, :cry: :cry:
can never get these great mpg no matter how hard i try. still not realy worried cos its in the price :smiley:

as for innovate if thay could use a calculater thay still be in business :unamused: