Photos Older than 10 years

Truck an driver mag jan 2000 it’s my old scania

image.jpg

From around 1950, left to right; George Harrod, David (Haddy) Hadingham, my dad Charlie. George was a potato merchant in Gt.Yarmouth and very good friend of my dad. I found this photo in my late sister’s collection, till then I didn’t know it existed. Cheers Haddy.

Here’s one from nearly thirty years later!

Moot Law Quarry 1973, North Tyne Roadstone Now mothballed, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Moot Law Quarry 1973, North Tyne Roadstone Now mothballed, Regards Larry.

Evening all, Larry, I reckon that the S20, was one of the best Foden cabs…ever! Mine, that I drove, were warm, comfortable, and a bit like sitting in an Edwardian Railway carridge. The two I drove for the family, one sat on a 4LK, 5sp, and the other, on an LW, with a mechanical split 12speed. Even as a youngster I loved them. When I eventually “grajuated” to a Micky Mouse, (air split 12speed), and then an S36, (portaloo blue interior), 12speed air split, 150LX, but with a 180 spring…oh the power! I never enjoyed the driving of them as much as the S20s. …Happy memories eh? cheerio for now.

Saviem:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Moot Law Quarry 1973, North Tyne Roadstone Now mothballed, Regards Larry.

Evening all, Larry, I reckon that the S20, was one of the best Foden cabs…ever! Mine, that I drove, were warm, comfortable, and a bit like sitting in an Edwardian Railway carridge. The two I drove for the family, one sat on a 4LK, 5sp, and the other, on an LW, with a mechanical split 12speed. Even as a youngster I loved them. When I eventually “grajuated” to a Micky Mouse, (air split 12speed), and then an S36, (portaloo blue interior), 12speed air split, 150LX, but with a 180 spring…oh the power! I never enjoyed the driving of them as much as the S20s. …Happy memories eh? cheerio for now.

Saviem,
Do you remember the Fodens Bert Shelley operated from Wolverhampton, his S20’s were always immaculate ?
He lived on Wellington rd Bilston and all the drivers used to stop at the house every Friday for their wages.

Hi Trev, yes I do, but now I get a bit confused with the memories!

Did Bert not have a terraced house in Gordon Street, Wolverhampton, that he knocked a hole in, so he could get the outfit he ran, (a nice 12sp mechanical split S20 Foden, and 28ft Coiler), through to the “yard”, which was his back garden!

Did he then “graduate” to Wellington Rd? And built up his fleet?

Was the other Shelly, the one who ran the two stroke Commers (in two shades of blue), from Heath Town?

That my memory and Iam getting old, was brought back to me this week, in the IOM ,when in a shop in Port Erin I saw a Vincent Black Shadow, with a megabucks price ticket, and I remembered buying a crashed example of a pal of mine in Willenhall for £60, and putting the engine into my Dominator frame. Riding it for a summer, then selling it for £150, and thinking how well I`d done!!!

Taken somtime during the early 60s

Saviem:
Hi Trev, yes I do, but now I get a bit confused with the memories!

Did Bert not have a terraced house in Gordon Street, Wolverhampton, that he knocked a hole in, so he could get the outfit he ran, (a nice 12sp mechanical split S20 Foden, and 28ft Coiler), through to the “yard”, which was his back garden!

Did he then “graduate” to Wellington Rd? And built up his fleet?

Was the other Shelly, the one who ran the two stroke Commers (in two shades of blue), from Heath Town?

That my memory and Iam getting old, was brought back to me this week, in the IOM ,when in a shop in Port Erin I saw a Vincent Black Shadow, with a megabucks price ticket, and I remembered buying a crashed example of a pal of mine in Willenhall for £60, and putting the engine into my Dominator frame. Riding it for a summer, then selling it for £150, and thinking how well I`d done!!!

Hi Saviem, he did have a yard in Gordon st but his house was on Wellington rd, the family did operate about 20 motors (fodens and commers) but they were all in green and red livery, I don’t know if the blue Shelley motors were any relation.
In later years he ran just one Scania sleeper and worked mainly for Sankey’s

Bewick:
Can we have some class photos of more than 10 years old for us old timers admire and comment on Thanks !

You can have older than 10 years but I can’t vouch for “class”. Come to that I’m not sure about “admire” either…

And here’s a shot of another wagon I had when new in 1985, taken some years later after I’d left (but not by me, photo belongs to Fodendjp)

flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/7492768296/

Saviem, if you come across another Norvin for around £150 please let me know! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Still in use as far as I know working interenally at some grain storage depot in Scotland, Regards Larry.

lorry photos11.jpg

Not too old, 1997.
Taken in Thurrock Services

lorry photos12.jpg

Those were the days.

My Grandad in his Leyland Marathon NTC ■■■■■■■ 250 DLG 370S
At Parker Plant Leicester with a 65ft long stone crusher bound for one of the ports !

Hatfield Moor drilling site S.Yorks and they were burning off excess gas. As it was night I thought it might make a half decent photo. Well you can’t win 'em all as they say. Cheers Haddy.

This was Ex Dobsons of Edinburgh 150 Gardner 6 Speed David Brown Box, Regards Larry.

Geo Blackett Ltd Forest Hall, Photo with the courtesey Les Douglas, Regards Larry.

Another from Gt. Yarmouth, late '60s.