looking for euro work

Hi Guys any ideas in these quite times where to find euro work I have loads of euro miles under my belt happy to be away for weeks at atime no family ties etc

seen an ad again for s&k in south wales they r looking for euro drivers,some of the other guys on here have worked for them if u want any info. :smiley:

mattecube:
Hi Guys any ideas in these quite times where to find euro work I have loads of euro miles under my belt happy to be away for weeks at atime no family ties etc

Join the queue It’s quite long.

hothow44:
seen an ad again for s&k in south wales they r looking for euro drivers,some of the other guys on here have worked for them if u want any info. :smiley:

S&K always got advert running for drivers you gotta wonder why :confused: I have thought about them a few times but soon change my mind

taffytrucker:

hothow44:

S&K always got advert running for drivers you gotta wonder why :confused: I have thought about them a few times but soon change my mind

They have a fair sized fleet, there nickname is Skint & Knackered, although I’ve been told that the knackered part is no longer valid. If you’re fairly local to them and you’re looking to get into Euro work, give them a try. They have a fairly good reputation on how they treat their drivers, except that they don’t pay the best wages.

Simon:

taffytrucker:

hothow44:

They have a fair sized fleet, there nickname is Skint & Knackered, although I’ve been told that the knackered part is no longer valid. If you’re fairly local to them and you’re looking to get into Euro work, give them a try. They have a fairly good reputation on how they treat their drivers, except that they don’t pay the best wages.

Agreed it a fair size fleet most of the trailers are referb’d so i been told and not the newest units to go away in for few weeks at a time plus you dont get paid if parked up for the weekend just get your night out money. one ex employee there informed me the kit is looked after but that was due to being pulled all the time by VOSA, to solve that they built a workshop and invited VOSA in anytime they wanted.

So they’ve got a well maintained fleet of refurbished units n trailers.
They treat their drivers fairly well, but they don’t pay the best.

Sounds like a reasonable place to go if you want to get into European work, or off the dole.

Simon:
So they’ve got a well maintained fleet of refurbished units n trailers.
They treat their drivers fairly well, but they don’t pay the best.

Sounds like a reasonable place to go if you want to get into European work, or off the dole.

I would go there if a choice of there or the dole. Thing is if in South Wales you are very restricted to local comapnies to go over the water with. Spoke to friend at TDW the other day and they are very quiet atm and scratching for work so that leave Jerry Jones in Newbridge or S&K in Barry.

I guess you dont know the truth about any comapny till you go work for them and find out first hand

There’s plenty of euro work around. Its just that UK drivers want top units, top pay, top conditions, want to call the shots all the time, and our government makes us pay top price for fuel, excessive road tax, 28 days paid holiday, increasing employers NI and looming statutory pensions. Its easier to list the load on an internet load site, get a foreign company to do it as a backload and make a few quid commission for a lot less hassle.

hothow44:

S&K :laughing: :grimacing: :unamused: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth: :arrow_right: :question: :question: :question: :question: ha ha ha ha ha andy donelly what a bloke… best wishes to all that apply… :exclamation:

I take it bergen that you didnt get on with donnelly either mate lol.

animalmanphil:
There’s plenty of euro work around. Its just that UK drivers want top units, top pay, top conditions, want to call the shots all the time, and our government makes us pay top price for fuel, excessive road tax, 28 days paid holiday, increasing employers NI and looming statutory pensions. Its easier to list the load on an internet load site, get a foreign company to do it as a backload and make a few quid commission for a lot less hassle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ + 1

This pretty much sums it up IMO :open_mouth:

im led to believe mortimers i think they are in melksham have started up again but i think the money aint good

Mortimers is £69 per day.

toby1234abc:
Mortimers is £69 per day.

Thats about the same as TDW plus night out money ontop take you to just under £100 a day. Away for 7 days and nights i was taking home Just under £600 a week