I was nearly killed by olearyinternational driver

Wednesday 31st 2012 was an especially eventful night for myself as i was mashed on the M6 southbound by a Foreign Lorry driver.

The said Polish driver didn’t see me from his left - sided drivers seat and took me out by clipping me on the rear of my van as he attempted to move into the lane that i was already driving in.

Luckily my vehicle and myself just danced gracefully around all 3 lanes of the M6 without the need to roll.

Having come to a standstill wedged in the cab of our polish friend, I contemplated how lucky i was to be still of this earth.

Within Minutes we were attended by the Highways agency who sorted us out and eventually exchanged details.

A kind motorist who was behind me pulled in to offer his version of events and confirmed that the collision was in no way fault of Myself
Within days my army of insurance and no win fee agents were on the case! The highways agency had logged the incident, I had all driver and company details and also that vital witness willing to testify.

4 weeks later I am told that the vehicle registration of his lorry cannot be found. On the insurance of motorists database The international firm of hauliers whom he was carrying goods for don’t know him! Yet his trailer and truck had their name plastered all over www.olearyinternational.com new ross co wexford Ireland

My claim was against the 3rd party and yet now it seems because he is unable to be traced my vehicle and mental scars will have to come out of my own pocket. OLEARYINTERNATIONAL.COM have so far refused to respond to any letters or emails sent to them

Have any of you guys had to deal with a similar situation and have you any advice how I can force the “international” haulage company who use this driver to release more information?
i recently found this article about olearyinternational whom have been prosecuted in the past for using illegal drivers etc
http://business.highbeam.com/435983/article-1G1-154451949/dark-side-ireland-migrant-drivers

Well Mr O’leary has just been put away for fraud surrounding a will. So good luck! Good though that you were ok which is the main thing.

There is a country and western song just waiting to be made using the title of this thread.

What them two said and what do you want us to do about it

It’s either a case of false number plates or the relevant vehicle registration authorities for the truck haven’t got a clue.

Although the Polish driver should have provided details after an accident and I’m assuming you got all those details which would include his name and base address :question: .Assuming all those details are false then it’s probably no surprise that the number plates would also be false.Then ask for confirmation from the relevant authorities ( was it a Polish reg number or an Irish reg :question: ) as to wether the reg number was valid and if so what does it relate to or was it false in which case VOSA is obviously allowing trucks to run around the country on false plates without any valid O licencing etc etc .All of which,at the very least,shows up the proposed ‘foreign truck’ road taxation idea for the bs rip off it really is let alone the issue of unlicenced trucks obviously without valid tax,insurance or O licences. :unamused: :imp:

Dafman:

Very helpful!
It looks like they are asking for advice on the situation

It won’t be on the MIB website. It’ll be on Irish plates, Not UK.

Did the lorry driver indicate?

Dafman:

Fanny

mr G:
Wednesday 31st 2012 was an especially eventful night for myself as i was mashed on the M6 southbound by a Foreign Lorry driver.

The said Polish driver didn’t see me from his left - sided drivers seat and took me out by clipping me on the rear of my van as he attempted to move into the lane that i was already driving in.

Luckily my vehicle and myself just danced gracefully around all 3 lanes of the M6 without the need to roll.

Having come to a standstill wedged in the cab of our polish friend, I contemplated how lucky i was to be still of this earth.

Within Minutes we were attended by the Highways agency who sorted us out and eventually exchanged details.

A kind motorist who was behind me pulled in to offer his version of events and confirmed that the collision was in no way fault of Myself
Within days my army of insurance and no win fee agents were on the case! The highways agency had logged the incident, I had all driver and company details and also that vital witness willing to testify.

4 weeks later I am told that the vehicle registration of his lorry cannot be found. On the insurance of motorists database The international firm of hauliers whom he was carrying goods for don’t know him! Yet his trailer and truck had their name plastered all over www.olearyinternational.com new ross co wexford Ireland

My claim was against the 3rd party and yet now it seems because he is unable to be traced my vehicle and mental scars will have to come out of my own pocket. OLEARYINTERNATIONAL.COM have so far refused to respond to any letters or emails sent to them

Have any of you guys had to deal with a similar situation and have you any advice how I can force the “international” haulage company who use this driver to release more information?
i recently found this article about olearyinternational whom have been prosecuted in the past for using illegal drivers etc
http://business.highbeam.com/435983/article-1G1-154451949/dark-side-ireland-migrant-drivers

Mental scars :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: ,

As we are all in the EU, the Polish authorities should be looking for the driver and the Irish authorities all over the operator. But I suspect that they are not.

What contact have you had with the police for the area where the crash occurred?

You could write to your Euro MP, and ask him to act on your behalf…which he probably will.

Dafman:

Just a pity you were not in his situation maybe then you would not make such a stupid remark the chap was only asking for a bit of advice.Maybe you should add a T to your username put it after the F. Eddie.

mr G:

theinjurylawyers.co.uk/pdf/a … driver.pdf

Thanks a lot for all the sensible responses, i am a self employed courier and the board that i use mtvan has the same kind of clever responses from some of the members which serve to frustrate rather than help .
If that 44 tonner had rolled me rather than spun me then i certainly wouldn’t be asking for your kind help

yes , the highways agency took all the details of the driver and his supposed insurance policy number(no good without the name of the company)
the plates he used were WP1 YE49, which have been untraceable.
As i said earlier it should be a straight forward case as the truck and curtain sides were in olearyinternational livery,but unfortunately they refuse to accept any knowledge of driver or where their lorry was when it hit me.
my reason for posting this is obviously to see if you guys are able to guide me in the direction of any “trades or regulatory bodies” that can help my cause and of course to shame and highlight that OLEARYINTERNATIONAL are becoming quite known on the roads as in another article i have found about their dodgy dealings recently in North Wales
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0602/1224317133501.html

Seany:

Dafman:

Very helpful!
It looks like they are asking for advice on the situation

Once again what are we supposed to do about I wasn’t involved in the accident or witness it so go on then what should he do.

nearly there:

Dafman:

Fanny

How intellectual same question to you what should he do, we are drivers well some if us are. We are not the police or lawyers.

erfguy:

Dafman:

Just a pity you were not in his situation maybe then you would not make such a stupid remark the chap was only asking for a bit of advice.Maybe you should add a T to your username put it after the F. Eddie.

Once again how intellectual go on you rude child what should he do.

Thats def not a southern irish number plate
To me that number plate seems a bit suspect but thats not to say they dont have a yard anywhere out side ireland that the number plate is registered to

mr G:
yes , the highways agency took all the details of the driver and his supposed insurance policy number(no good without the name of the company)
the plates he used were WP1 YE49, which have been untraceable.

Polish registered
flickr.com/photos/gyles/8356306197/lightbox/

nedflanders:
Thats def not a southern irish number plate
To me that number plate seems a bit suspect but thats not to say they dont have a yard anywhere out side ireland that the number plate is registered to

No reg number has been posted.
not that i can see.

Did you not have a camera and take photos of the front and rear of the vehicle and the driver.