Big Blue Stolen

Was this motor ever found? :frowning:

nope.

no, the police don’t really care either :smiling_imp:

shuttlespanker:

It’s a ■■■■■■■ disgrace. Have the ins paid out yet or are you still penniless from it?

shuttlespanker:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: can you blame em :grimacing: looking for something as hideous as that
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rob K:

shuttlespanker:

It’s a [zb] disgrace. Have the ins paid out yet or are you still penniless from it?

Why is it a disgrace? Unless there is blatant sightnings or proof of where it might have gone what can they do?

Its not like the thieves leave a trail of bread crumbs behind them

It’s not exactly ■■■■■■■ hard to miss though is it! :open_mouth:

Sam Millar:
It’s not exactly [zb] hard to miss though is it! :open_mouth:

it is if you are not into trucks

Sam Millar:
It’s not exactly [zb] hard to miss though is it! :open_mouth:

Depends how many bits it is in sadly. If it’s still in this country it is highly unlikely to still be in one piece.

Paul

what was it? looking at the photos i can see it has an extra long cab but how was it built? by who?

nickyboy:

Rob K:

shuttlespanker:

It’s a [zb] disgrace. Have the ins paid out yet or are you still penniless from it?

Why is it a disgrace? Unless there is blatant sightnings or proof of where it might have gone what can they do?

Its not like the thieves leave a trail of bread crumbs behind them

there were very possible sightings from people who actually know the truck, and know that it is different to the run of the mill DAF XF, when these were reported to the police, they were not interested in them, hence i stated that the police don’t really care

mucker85:
what was it? looking at the photos i can see it has an extra long cab but how was it built? by who?

it was a DAF XF Superspace that has had a cab conversion done to it, it was done by a company in Norfolk, they no longer do them though

Anything happend on this case at all?

I’d wonder:

• were there any more XF95s converted like this (big cab) in this light blue met paint?
  • had this stolen one always had its reg RC52RMC?

HomoFaber:

I’d wonder:

• were there any more XF95s converted like this (big cab) in this light blue met paint?

The plates have been changed or its no longer on the road as it isn’t on the insurance database anymore at askmid.com
If it is still on the road it will have cloned plates from another Daf XF and be painted a different color :cry:
My guess its been striped but never give up hope, hope you get some news

keebs26uk:

HomoFaber:

I’d wonder:

The plates have been changed or its no longer on the road as it isn’t on the insurance database anymore at askmid.com
If it is still on the road it will have cloned plates from another Daf XF and be painted a different color :cry:
My guess its been striped but never give up hope, hope you get some news

to answer both posts, the police don’t care, they closed the case after four and a half days, it was then down to the insurance company to sort out, for this, i had to send all the documents and keys to them, with the reg doc being marked up as sold to the insurance company, so, even if it is found now, the police will not inform me, they will inform the insurance company as it is registered in their name

as far as i am aware, this was the only DAF XF done in this way, there are others around, normal SSC cabs, with the same or very similar colour paint scheme

the reg number of the truck (when it was stolen) was RC52 RMC, this was a private plate owned by myself, when i bought the truck, it was registered as an 04 reg, the original owner had it on his own private number before the 04 plate

it would be very doubtful that it is still on the road in this country, being a unique cab and being very distinctive, even if it was resprayed, it would still stand out

personally, i think it has either been shipped abroad in a container to hide it, or has been broken for spares :cry: :cry: :cry:

the annoying part is, if the truck had been written off due to accident damage or fire damage, i could have had the registration plate back straight away, but, with it being stolen, and as of this moment, still not recovered, i have to wait for 12 months from when it was stolen to get the registration plate back :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Just spoke to Rob & Big Blue has been stolen sometime between sat 18.30 - 23.00 sun night

If anybody see this can you contact me

Thanks

Big Blue?

wtf :astonished: !! will be looking out for it tonight Rob

I am shocked by this. I will keep an eye out when going up and down the A1